Sponsored

Defects of Tacooma that everyone should look at

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I was at the dealer yesterday and inspected 2 trucks. The Sport 6’ box had a slight bump in the wiper cowl and the bed toppers were ok. The Off Road 5’ box iForce was good on the cowl and toppers.

This fits my theory the later builds will be better. A curiosity I noticed was the Off Road had the front air dam on it. Is this an iForce Max thing?
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
A curiosity I noticed was the Off Road had the front air dam on it. Is this an iForce Max thing?
It seems to be, but I have no idea why they would do that.

Maybe so they can sell more bags of suspension arm plugs to stop the noise after you remove that ugly air dam.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
It seems to be, but I have no idea why they would do that.

Maybe so they can sell more bags of suspension arm plugs to stop the noise after you remove that ugly air dam.
To meet epa requirements to boost mpg. Has to be a certain percentages

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
To meet epa requirements to boost mpg. Has to be a certain percentages
I'm sure that is it, but it is strange that the non-hybrid OR doesn't get that and the hybrid does.

I guess putting the airdam on the hybrid is a better way to get their mpg goal.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Yeah that black plastic trim on the top of the sides of the bed. Mine is warped up on the passenger side closest to the cab.

IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_3928.jpeg
I already put 3 different complains about this and I’ve yet to hear anything back besides going to a local servicer and them telling me “maybe Toyota will issue a recall when more owners complain but as of now all of our trucks have the same thing” … annoying af

Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I already put 3 different complains about this and I’ve yet to hear anything back besides going to a local servicer and them telling me “maybe Toyota will issue a recall when more owners complain but as of now all of our trucks have the same thing” … annoying af
I'll be sure to do that. I'll be making an appointment for service real soon. Like my front passenger window takes two tries to make it go up automatically. It always stops a couple inches above the windowsill. And those damn menus on the instrument cluster keep changing and then I was promised hot girls would be jumping at the chance just for a ride and I have yet to have any.:lying::unsure:

Reactions: Kjc

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
I have notice that the front windshield cowl is that what that piece of plastic that covers the front lower part of the wind shield that houses the wiper motor. That piece from what I have noticed even in the
Toyota dealer parking lot have a warp on them. You should all look at yours and have them replace it as soon as you can.

Is there any other thing that anyone else can think of that I look at?
I’m wondering if these issues are why my Trailhunter is on a 39 day QC hold

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
I’m wondering if these issues are why my Trailhunter is on a 39 day QC hold
My hybrid limited arrived on time - from an estimate given several months ago. So if theres a QC on trailhunter it's probably trailhunter specific.

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
My hybrid limited arrived on time - from an estimate given several months ago. So if theres a QC on trailhunter it's probably trailhunter specific.
my dealer showed me the pipeline and incoming allocations and it was specific to the Trailhunter and not all of the trailhunters were QC holds though

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
my 24 Tacoma has none of these issues and guess what Toyota is going to sell every single 2024 Tacoma. Pre delivery inspection should be done by everyone regardless of how blinded by the light you are at the time of purchase/delivery. Think you won’t have to wait for the 25 model year and expect none of the same issues to happen on a small number of overall Tacomas. Maybe I am wrong maybe 2025 is a magical year of the Tacoma perfectly made flawless in every way crafted by robots that are incapable of making a mistake like a human being. Is there less chance of a defective flaw because of Experience in production maybe so but the 2025 is no better then 2024. You will have to wait for your truck you will have to inspect yourself for defects. Small improvements may be made in 25 but who knows go ahead wait and see.…………..
So what happens if you notice something predelivery? You’ve waited months for your ideal build to show up, and see some loose fitting plastic, do you walk away and take your deposit back and start again? Or do you ask them to knock off a couple hundred bucks? It seems like if I found a small defect I bet my dealer would be happy to sell it to someone else. It sounds like a tough situation. What would you do?

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
So what happens if you notice something predelivery? You’ve waited months for your ideal build to show up, and see some loose fitting plastic, do you walk away and take your deposit back and start again? Or do you ask them to knock off a couple hundred bucks? It seems like if I found a small defect I bet my dealer would be happy to sell it to someone else. It sounds like a tough situation. What would you do?
I would wait for the truck you want to buy. If it’s a cosmetic defect and your dealership agrees to replace it free of charge or you can live with it for a couple of hundred bucks off that’s a personal decision. You may have to wait for replacement parts but a honest dealership regardless if it’s through Toyota warranty should make your vehicle the one you want to buy. Are you the type of person that will let them tell you oh that’s just how it is? Or as mentioned feel they would sell it off to next uninformed buyer if you walk out on the deal If that’s your vibe then I question your loyalty to that particular dealership. Me personally I would not have a problem with minor cosmetic defects if it was guaranteed to be replaced without cost to me. Would I walk away? Recouping a down payment if not satisfied yes I would. I am patient and would wait for as long as it would take to get the exact truck I wish to purchase. There is my personal view of a cosmetic defective 2024 2025 tacoma if found at time of purchase/delivery. So in review it’s basically is a situation of my actual truck without defects or it’s a defective truck on the lot or your build and you have A few choices to make with your dealership Before you are the owner of that vehicle. And in closing what are willing to live with? What will make you a happy owner of a 2024 2025 Tacoma. And one last side note. This is the world we live in now. I have had two brand new Ruger firearms sent back to factory for repair in the same month! Both deemed unsafe and replaced. Across the board all products of all kinds are being sold defective. We as consumers have to now ourselves hold the manufacturers accountable to make what we originally intended to purchase have that quality we expected.

bresna

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
My truck also has this. Was going to mention this to the dealer but I have had bigger issues with my truck to deal with then some ill fitting plastic.

What also is disappointing is the window seals. If it rains water gets in the door and stays for days. It has rained here and 2 days later i'll put my windows down and when they come back up they are wet like WTH.
I wonder if it's because there aren't any open weep holes in the door? On my car, they're all plugged with a plastic plug and while water leaks around the plug, it's too tight to let out rain water. Maybe we need to replace one or two of them with a screened plug (so bugs don't get in)?

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
These are off-road pick up trucks, Toyota overbuilds the heck out of them to last many years. The chip guard is a great way to prevent rust and stone chips. Toyota is also the only truck manufacturer that is now spraying cavity wax anti rust agent into its fully boxed frame also into the doors and tailgate .

Toyota has this chip guard on my 2004 Highlander as well, so it's not exclusive to the trucks and it's been around for few years

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
The chip guard was on my 1983 Supra and for years I have seen online whines about the terrible orange peel.

Pretty funny actually that Toyota does something to make their paint last longer and gets blasted for poor quality.