Defects of Tacooma that everyone should look at

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
I have notice that the front windshield cowl is that what that piece of plastic that covers the front lower part of the wind shield that houses the wiper motor. That piece from what I have noticed even in the
Toyota dealer parking lot have a warp on them. You should all look at yours and have them replace it as soon as you can.

Is there any other thing that anyone else can think of that I look at?
Sponsored

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
This is a weird post lol, do you have a picture of yours?

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I've seen other posts about this. Seems that it was an actual defect, but solely an esthetic one.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I have notice that the front windshield cowl is that what that piece of plastic that covers the front lower part of the wind shield that houses the wiper motor. That piece from what I have noticed even in the
Toyota dealer parking lot have a warp on them. You should all look at yours and have them replace it as soon as you can.

Yeah that black plastic trim on the top of the sides of the bed. Mine is warped up on the passenger side closest to the cab.

IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_3928.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
Yup I have that issue as well, not to mention the tail gate trim is also loose and made my own washer to hold it down tight The bed rail cover not sure if its an issue for me cause I am probably going to put a camper on when it becomes available and that should take care of it.

Last edited:

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I will inspect the cowl and bed top when mine arrives in a month. As it’s a later 24 build, I’m hopeful many early issues will have been resolved.

trey_is_a_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
My truck also has this. Was going to mention this to the dealer but I have had bigger issues with my truck to deal with then some ill fitting plastic.

What also is disappointing is the window seals. If it rains water gets in the door and stays for days. It has rained here and 2 days later i'll put my windows down and when they come back up they are wet like WTH.

Sponsored

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
I have the windshield gap didn't even look twice at it til I saw this thread... Also from day one the bed liner doesn't sit flush... Hopefully when I put my tonneau cover on it will push it down a little... Was thinking about getting a spray on liner too but I'm tapped out after the truck purchase....

*Is the windshield defect gonna let water in or just looks bad...?

20240719_083347.jpg

20240719_083405.jpg

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited

I'm going to take mine off and fix it with a heat gun I think. Mine is not as bad as others I have seen.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I noticed multiple issues with the window seals on the doors. some do not overlap correctly, the seals on the back doors are kind of bent into shape and try to straighten themselves out. I'm going to try some 2 sided trim tape on those to hold them in place.

Also I heard of and have seen odd gaps on the side of the tailgate.

TacoMax13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD OR 20222
First year of the new gen, kinda expected. I remember in a auto show, there was a production model Off toad, Canadian version, the one tailgate hinge was loose like about to fall off, with a wonky tailgate hanging there. So ridiculous, Toyota workers standing around with no care of it whatsoever. Too bad.
Sponsored