Sponsored

Do I have to take my Truck in for 5k service?

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
I'm at 5500 miles, I've already done the first oil change and rotated my tires. There is nothing wrong with my truck. I really don't have the time to sit at the dealer for 3 hours while they just rotate tires. I'm planning on taking it in for the 10k service to get another oil change.

This is my first new vehicle so I'm not sure how it works with warranty. Do I have to take the truck in to start to warranty? Will not taking it in for the 5k service affect my warranty in any way?

Thanks,
Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I perform my own maintenance as well, and I can certainly sympathize with your thoughts, however, the answer is "no". You don't need to take your vehicle in to ensure the warranty maintains effect. The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act covers you. So as long as you are taking good care of your vehicle, then you can simply keep doing your own maintenance, and the manufacturer cannot reject any claims because of that. I would make it a good practice to keep all receipts, specifically when you purchase oil, filters, and whatnot to show that you've been taking care of it should anything arise from the dealer's standpoint.

I've had quite a few new cars in the past and for most of them, I performed my own maintenance, and never had any issues from the dealers, but then again I never had any lemons either. All were good vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

OP
OP

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
I perform my own maintenance as well, and I can certainly sympathize with your thoughts, however, the answer is "no". You don't need to take your vehicle in to ensure the warranty maintains effect. The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act covers you. So as long as you are taking good care of your vehicle, then you can simply keep doing your own maintenance, and the manufacturer cannot reject any claims because of that. I would make it a good practice to keep all receipts, specifically when you purchase oil, filters, and whatnot to show that you've been taking care of it should anything arise from the dealer's standpoint.

I've had quite a few new cars in the past and for most of them, I performed my own maintenance, and never had any issues from the dealers, but then again I never had any lemons either. All were good vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act
that’s good to know. Thanks for the info

sparkytaco

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
FYI - The 5k mile is free but useless. They don't touch your vehicle (no fluid changes/no tire rotation), its more of an inspection, so you're good either way if you want to go.
Sponsored