Sponsored

Done with Toyota

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma sport (underground)
Done with Toyota dealerships and my desire to get a Tacoma. Went to a local dealer a few weeks and they said they had a TRD OR available 03/10. Had me put a deposit in and today they said, "Oh we messed up It isnt even being built till 03/20 and won't be here for about 4 weeks after that". I immediately pulled my deposit. Started searching other Dealerships and found a truck on lot but they added a $9500 Dealer Markup, I said GTFO. He said we can drop to a $5000 Mark up and I again said no thanks. Another dealer sent me info on a truck that will be here in a few days and pressured me for a deposit. Turns out they were looking at a wrong truck as it was a Sport not a OR. I told them at no time did I ever ask about a Sport. They still tried to talk me into a deposit and said they have a OR coming on 03/25. but again, they want a $4995 markup. I understand I will have to pay MSRP but no way am I giving a dealership $5000-$10000 in markup. I think I am done with Toyota.

I have a 2018 Tundra TRD OR and a 2024 Camry TRD, but I think it's time to move on from Toyota.
I ordered my Taco sport in January and won't be here till June or July. I can wait...... good things come to those who wait
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Why are you blaming Toyota? Clearly it is the dealerships you keep patronizing.

OP
OP
TRD _Rob

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
You are correct. My frustration is with California dealerships not Toyota. They gouge you for every penny. I have a 2018 Tundra TRD and a 2024 Camry TRD and happy with the product. Think I was just beyond frustrated. I for one don't have a problem with the MSRP just the ADM.

beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Do they list the dealer markup on the window sticker or is listed when you write it up?

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
It must be a US thing to charge an obscene amount over MSRP. I've been stressing as a Canadian but I don't think I've seen a single dealer here yet try and charge markups.

Also, you're not the only one waiting mate. You're asking for a truck that's hardly off the assembly line that thousands of folks before you put their name in for one. I've been waiting sense June last year and I'm T-6 days to delivery.

I personally think it was worth the wait, as much as it sucked to wait

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
You are correct. My frustration is with California dealerships not Toyota. They gouge you for every penny. I have a 2018 Tundra TRD and a 2024 Camry TRD and happy with the product. Think I was just beyond frustrated. I for one don't have a problem with the MSRP just the ADM.
California gouges you for everything. I hated living there because of that!

OP
OP
TRD _Rob

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Ok, Guess I am not done with Toyota. OR just hit the ground in Bay area. They wanted 5K ADM, I told them I would keep looking due to the ADM and they agreed to MSRP. Headed over tomorrow morning for it.

TacoTraveler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
There's 2 in Cali that for sure won't hassle you. Longo Toyota in El Monte, and One Toyota of Oakland. Both MSRP dealerships. No markups. Had my deposit on a Pro since May at Longo. They haven't hassled me at all since then.

AnotherRandomWhiteGuy

First Name
Another
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2001
Done with Toyota dealerships and my desire to get a Tacoma. Went to a local dealer a few weeks and they said they had a TRD OR available 03/10. Had me put a deposit in and today they said, "Oh we messed up It isnt even being built till 03/20 and won't be here for about 4 weeks after that". I immediately pulled my deposit. Started searching other Dealerships and found a truck on lot but they added a $9500 Dealer Markup, I said GTFO. He said we can drop to a $5000 Mark up and I again said no thanks. Another dealer sent me info on a truck that will be here in a few days and pressured me for a deposit. Turns out they were looking at a wrong truck as it was a Sport not a OR. I told them at no time did I ever ask about a Sport. They still tried to talk me into a deposit and said they have a OR coming on 03/25. but again, they want a $4995 markup. I understand I will have to pay MSRP but no way am I giving a dealership $5000-$10000 in markup. I think I am done with Toyota.

I have a 2018 Tundra TRD OR and a 2024 Camry TRD, but I think it's time to move on from Toyota.
LOL. Maybe do some googling on capitalism, supply and demand, and how prices are sorted out in the market over time.
Sponsored