Drivers Front Door Check Strap Loose

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
Just noticed in the last couple days when I open and close the drivers door it started sounding loose.. like something was clicking/and knocking a bit, all the other doors were fine..

Upon further investigation this morning, I discover the nuts on the check strap where it attaches to the door are finger tight at best, I was able to thread it in and out with my finger tips. They had backed off and was causing the strap to click and wobble.

Something to definitely check on yours if you're noticing any strange clicking sounds coming from any of the doors.

Mine is a TRD Sport Premium, 08 build month.
Only 620 miles/1000kms

Edit: just noticed it's already been reported by a member here on the forums, but still definitely worth checking your torque!
1000013744.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Thanks for the heads up @-Strike-. I wonder what the torque setting for those is? If we knew we could check that before they might come loose on their own. I guess the first move is to make sure they are not just finger tight. Which plant was your Taco built in?

OP
OP
-Strike-

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guanajuato Plant, vin RTxxxxxx

OP
OP
-Strike-

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabbed my trusty 10mm this afternoon and tightened them both up. Top was embarrassingly loose and the bottom one was was loose as well. Tightened em both up to .. good enough lol

Surprise surprise, noise gone
Sponsored