Sponsored

First i-Force Max Review - Questionable Power

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G TRD OR
I assume you mean Hybrid being useless so I will address that. I guess it depends on the person. It's usefull to you but not to me. If I thought it was (useful to M E) then I would trade my non Hybrid for a Hybrid. It's only my opinion. Don't let it upset you. I'm just some guy posting on an internet forum.

If you meant something else we can continue to discuss.

Bottom line I have no desire to own a Hybrid Tacoma. Others like yourself do. I guess that is why Toyota offers both. My reasons for not purchasing one should have no impact on your decision. If you think I'm full of shit feel free to say so or ignore me. It makes me zero difference either way.

Forget the "fast" part of my post. It was a bad example of what I was trying to say. My bad.
who is upset?

I was simply correcting misinfo about the truck and pointing out that your original comment is not an opinion, but said as fact when you are now pretending it was opinion all along.

“Obviously anyone who bought or is buying a TRD PRO/TH, or any other variant of the hybrid is going to defend their purchase. Nobody wants to admit the Hybrid powertrain offers marginal benifit at best. I won't even elaborate on the negatives such as added weight, a battery that starts to degrade on day 1 (it may take 10 years to fail but it will get weaker with each passing year) added driveline complexity, less storage space in the second row, reduced payload and towing capacity to name a few.”

surely you can read your original comment and see that that in no way says “it’s not for me”? It’s written as fact and loaded with inaccuracies.

that’s all I was pointing out lol. No one is “upset”. This has nothing to do with me being insulted on what I’m buying. I’m correcting falsehoods
Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
who is upset?

I was simply correcting misinfo about the truck and pointing out that your original comment is not an opinion, but said as fact when you are now pretending it was opinion all along.

“Obviously anyone who bought or is buying a TRD PRO/TH, or any other variant of the hybrid is going to defend their purchase. Nobody wants to admit the Hybrid powertrain offers marginal benifit at best. I won't even elaborate on the negatives such as added weight, a battery that starts to degrade on day 1 (it may take 10 years to fail but it will get weaker with each passing year) added driveline complexity, less storage space in the second row, reduced payload and towing capacity to name a few.”

surely you can read your original comment and see that that in no way says “it’s not for me”? It’s written as fact and loaded with inaccuracies.

that’s all I was pointing out lol. No one is “upset”. This has nothing to do with me being insulted on what I’m buying. I’m correcting falsehoods
Ok fair enough.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
These two bubba YouTubers should do a 0-60 review in a Hilux diesel or an IMV-0. Hell yes I’d watch that video..!

notice how badass the wheels are on this $10k truck! Makes the 4th gen OR taco’s wheels look stupid

2024 Tacoma First i-Force Max Review - Questionable Power IMG_5667

Sponsored

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
These two bubba YouTubers should do a 0-60 review in a Hilux diesel or an IMV-0. Hell yes I’d watch that video..!

notice how badass the wheels are on this $10k truck! Makes the 4th gen OR taco’s wheels look stupid

IMG_5667.jpeg
I'd buy one of those over a Taco all day long.

OP
OP

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
posted 2 months ago
Yep, that is a video from the press event I mentioned two months ago. They went there for one day, drove it and made a video. They didn't get a loaner to do a real review which is what I'm waiting on.

If you search youtube you will find over dozens of videos media/content creators put out from that event. All centered around the same release date.

kjmcc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius 2018
I've gotten 6.5 in my 2024 TRD PRO but that is me counting 1...2...3...4...5...6..BAM. The truck sounds amazing! I love this truck, coming from a Prius but hey the prius has its benefits like 35 more mpgs. I'm averaging around 17 LOL. I looked at a m40i bmw and this blows it out of the water in quality. heated and ventilated seats and then look is better than any truck out there. So many cameras parking is not an issue in the city. Have not had a chance to go off-roading yet will do it after I get my plates. Only complaint is the back seat space is pathetic. No kids here only dogs so it works for them! Except when I want to show my friends... sorry Fred.

2024 Tacoma First i-Force Max Review - Questionable Power IMG_2951.JPG

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Welcome to the Tacoma family @kjmcc and thanks for the image and quick review. My TRD Pro is scheduled to be built next week, so there is still some time until I get to try this beautiful new truck out.

It is interesting to see how many new owners are getting a 4th gen Taco as their first truck. Many of us have been Tacoma believers for a long time and it is great to see new truck buyers picking a Taco. Of course I agree with you that it is the best looking truck on the road today, but then I am biased. lol

It would also be good to hear more about how you are liking it after you have had some time to drive it both on and off road. Congrats!

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G TRD OR
I've gotten 6.5 in my 2024 TRD PRO but that is me counting 1...2...3...4...5...6..BAM. The truck sounds amazing! I love this truck, coming from a Prius but hey the prius has its benefits like 35 more mpgs. I'm averaging around 17 LOL. I looked at a m40i bmw and this blows it out of the water in quality. heated and ventilated seats and then look is better than any truck out there. So many cameras parking is not an issue in the city. Have not had a chance to go off-roading yet will do it after I get my plates. Only complaint is the back seat space is pathetic. No kids here only dogs so it works for them! Except when I want to show my friends... sorry Fred.

IMG_2951.JPG
download a 0-60 iphone app and give it a whirl.

Glad you're enjoying it.

@kjmcc How tall are ya?

Last edited:

Sponsored

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner

IMG_2951.JPG
That is my method as well! LOL

kjmcc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius 2018
download a 0-60 iphone app and give it a whirl.

Glad you're enjoying it.

@kjmcc How tall are ya?
I'm 5ft 8, just a small hop to get in. It does feel like you are towering over everyone which is nice for once LOL. I'll try it I don't think the videos online really did a good job testing it. The hybrid component is powerful for initial acceleration I do feel a difference. (test drove the non hybrid a few weeks before.) Also might be BS but when I use premium gas it does seem to perform better (noticeably)

Last edited:

that_frenchman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz
I'm 5ft 8, just a small hop to get in. It does feel like you are towering over everyone which is nice for once LOL. I'll try it I don't think the videos online really did a good job testing it. The hybrid component is powerful for initial acceleration I do feel a difference. (test drove the non hybrid a few weeks before.) Also might be BS but when I use premium gas it does seem to perform better (noticeably)
I've been wondering about the gas thing. Does it suggest using regular or premium on the cap?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Good question.

In theory if the engine is rated for regular there should not be any more power with premium. But that has not always been the case with turbo engines and I would love to see a comparison of that on a dyno.

For now i will take @kjmcc''s word that there is a difference, since it was notably better. I hadn't thought of trying that, and I don't know what octane Toyota calls for.
Sponsored