First Impressions of my 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
I picked up my Pro on Saturday. Loved how it looks in person! I had to drive about 160 miles back home so it gave me some time to get used to the new truck and enjoy it. I come from a 2021 OR 3rd gen and the power on the Pro doesn’t even compare to 3rd Gen. I know a lot of people love that V6, but damn! And like I’ve heard before, it really drives like a full size. Turning radius is a little wider then the 3rd gen, but I’ll get used to it. I haven’t had time to mess with the seats or suspension yet, but that will happen probably this weekend. To everyone that’s still waiting, it will be worth the wait! I'd post pics, but it looks like the first Pro that was picked up in San Bernardino, Icecap with red cockpit interior that someone posted.
Sponsored

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
I picked up my Pro on Saturday. Loved how it looks in person! I had to drive about 160 miles back home so it gave me some time to get used to the new truck and enjoy it. I come from a 2021 OR 3rd gen and the power on the Pro doesn’t even compare to 3rd Gen. I know a lot of people love that V6, but damn! And like I’ve heard before, it really drives like a full size. Turning radius is a little wider then the 3rd gen, but I’ll get used to it. I haven’t had time to mess with the seats or suspension yet, but that will happen probably this weekend. To everyone that’s still waiting, it will be worth the wait! I'd post pics, but it looks like the first Pro that was picked up in San Bernardino, Icecap with red cockpit interior that someone posted.
We will still take pictures please, I don’t get tired of seeing things other pictures might not have

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
How long was the wait, deposit to drive away?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Wighty thanks for the quick review. When you drove it home was the seat suspension on or off? I have been wondering if people will use it on road as well as off.

I agree with @SnowmanJPS and would love to see some pictures of your truck. Pictures of delivered trucks are my Taco fix while I wait for my TRD Pro to be built!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wighty

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
@Wighty thanks for the quick review. When you drove it home was the seat suspension on or off? I have been wondering if people will use it on road as well as off.

I agree with @SnowmanJPS and would love to see some pictures of your truck. Pictures of delivered trucks are my Taco fix while I wait for my TRD Pro to be built!
They were off. Prior to picking it up I looked at the manual online and it has specific settings for height and weight. I plan to have them switched on all the time. Not sure if that's recommended or not.

I'll work on the pics..

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I plan to have them switched on all the time. Not sure if that's recommended or not.
I plan to at least try switching mine on all the time and see how that goes, so it will be interesting to hear about your experience with that.

Have fun with that beauty!

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Well that just hurts lol. Deposit over a year ago and still no delivery date (TRD OR hybrid)
The funny thing about Toyota is that depositing at a dealership and getting in line is a sure way to wait lol.

I did the same and havent heard a peep. When I bought my 3rd gen, all I did was call via the inventory search and had it in weeks.

Feels bad man

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@TalkingTaco444 Buying a Toyota has always been weird, and in different ways some of the years, but always more like a lottery than just buying something. I just went through that last year trying to find a manual Taco from multiple dealers, with no success.

In a few years the new will be off the 4th gen and the supply will catch up and you can buy one like you did with your 3rd gen. In any year all bets are off if what you want is rare and highly sought after.

I don't like this system but I just consider it another cost of getting a Toyota truck. This time around I got lucky in the Toyota lottery, when I was prepared to wait forever and probably get a 2025, I got an allocation on June 5th.

And as far as I can tell It is totally random by design.

PDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I got my Limited on Friday and love it. I had. 2020 Tundra TRD Pro, it was great, just bigger than I needed.
I had the custom pinstripe (dark gray and copper) added today. 😀
2024 Tacoma First Impressions of my 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro IMG_2513
Sponsored