Sponsored

For the transmissions that failed, low fluid level?

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Curious if these transmissions that have failed were shipped from the factory low on fluid? Anyone have any definitive information on this topic? Just curious
Sponsored

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
The first dealership that my truck got towed to did not open up the transmission, just reviewed the error codes which they said related to the transmission. My truck is in route to my local dealership and I will be asking them some questions, as I'm sure they want to know too... they were shocked when I said there was a problem with the transmission. My service rep said he's never even written up a request for an oil change on a '24 taco yet.

That said, if the transmission fluids were low, wouldn't I have experienced high temps/overheating of the transmission? I had the transmission temp gauge up on my dash the entire time I was driving home, not once did it climb even a bit from dead center in the gauge.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
The first dealership that my truck got towed to did not open up the transmission, just reviewed the error codes which they said related to the transmission. My truck is in route to my local dealership and I will be asking them some questions, as I'm sure they want to know too... they were shocked when I said there was a problem with the transmission. My service rep said he's never even written up a request for an oil change on a '24 taco yet.

That said, if the transmission fluids were low, wouldn't I have experienced high temps/overheating of the transmission? I had the transmission temp gauge up on my dash the entire time I was driving home, not once did it climb even a bit from dead center in the gauge.
Very interesting so your check engine light came on when the trans failed? Were there any symptoms leading up to the failure at all?

PA Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR

PA Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR
My Tacoma has transmission problems. Rough shift in low gears and then leaps, yes I mean leaps, into like 4 th. Going to dealer. Hope they find out why this is happening.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
My Tacoma has transmission problems. Rough shift in low gears and then leaps, yes I mean leaps, into like 4 th. Going to dealer. Hope they find out why this is happening.
How many miles?

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
My Tacoma started to have transmission problems today. Put into drive and rpm’s went up and it barely wanted to move. Drove around the parking lot and it continued. No check engine light etc… Shut the truck off, restarted and it has driven normally for about 50 Miles. Now in clunks really hard when put into drive. Will see what happens I guess. 2500 miles.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
My Tacoma started to have transmission problems today. Put into drive and rpm’s went up and it barely wanted to move. Drove around the parking lot and it continued. No check engine light etc… Shut the truck off, restarted and it has driven normally for about 50 Miles. Now in clunks really hard when put into drive. Will see what happens I guess. 2500 miles.
You taking it to the dealer?

Sponsored
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
Drive it to work tomorrow, go from there. Probably no codes stored would be my guess. Will be making an appointment.

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
this seems to be the symptom of all the bad transmission. Truck gets stuck in 6th gear and won't let you shift below that. I haven't seen it being only an intermittent problem though
Sponsored