Sponsored

Front end clunk

DuckBlind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD OR
So my 2024 TRDOR has developed a noise at low speeds. I’ve noticed it for the last 800ish miles, only 2000 miles on it currently.

When driving slow speeds, 10 mph or so in the neighborhood or parking lot, I get an audible clunkfrom the front end when going over small bumps or even some cracks in the road. It’s more prevalent when it’s cooler outside.

Took it to the dealer twice. The first time at 1500 miles and they couldn’t recreate the noise, no issue found. Second time at 2000 miles, drove the tech around for them to hear it, and left it with them for 3 days. They said they tightened/retorqued all suspension and couldn’t isolate the noise. Determined it’s “normal”.

Not satisfied with that because the noise drives me crazy. The dealer is going to contact the Toyota rep and schedule an appointment when they’re in town for me to bring the vehicle back in. In the meantime, I’ve scheduled another appointment at a different dealer to try and diagnose.
Any ideas what could be causing this?

Sponsored

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
Thats not normal .IMO, and i would be going to another dealer if thats what they call normal ,…i call bullshit. You shouldnt be hearing an abrupt thunk, noise or whatever with a brand new truck, youv spent a lot of money on new truck, this isnt normal.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Dumb question, but have you checked the front shocks to make sure they haven't blown through?

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Dumb question, but have you checked the front shocks to make sure they haven't blown through?
That’s actually not that dumb - I’d check the shock mount housing at the top of the shock / shock hat

Quickreply1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Same here. 3500 miles on my TRD OR and over wide pedestrian bumps it makes a clunk as the frotires come down.

wolfpackwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Sounds a bit different than the sound I was having, but had a similar clunking/clicking coming from the front during slow maneuvers and turning the wheel lock to lock - took it to the dealer yesterday and turns out it was the hardware on my skid plate for some reason causing that noise. They replaced the hardware, and the noise is gone.
Sponsored