Seat Clunk TRD PRO

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
I can try but think it will be the same. It's just kind of annoying and my feeling is if something isn't right...they need to fix it.
Do you hear the seat clunk on the side of the seat or from the backside of the iso seats? My gf said she hears an occasional clunk like noise and it seems to be where the bolsters hit the hard plastic on the side. It’s not from the shocks at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Do you hear the seat clunk on the side of the seat or from the backside of the iso seats? My gf said she hears an occasional clunk like noise and it seems to be where the bolsters hit the hard plastic on the side. It’s not from the shocks at all.
I feel like it's coming more from the upper middle of the seat but I need to get someone else to move around in it so I can check it out more.

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like it's coming more from the upper middle of the seat but I need to get someone else to move around in it so I can check it out more.
Have you been able to record a video of the clunking? I’m just curious as to what it sounds like (so i have something to look out for if i ever hear it)

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Have you been able to get a video of the clunking you are hearing?
No I haven’t sorry. It’s hard to miss though as you hear and feel it. It’s not crazy but it’s here.

Sponsored

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I haven’t sorry. It’s hard to miss though as you hear and feel it. It’s not crazy but it’s here.
I hear something from under me, which I think is from my "behind" rubbing on the soft tex material. I do not hear anything from the middle back area where the shocks are, but its not a clunk. It sounds like my clothes rubbing on that leather like area on the back of my "behind". Idk what a dealer would be able to do there anyway, fix the leather? lol

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
I just tried to get a video. Didn’t work. I feel it when my momentum changes in the seat. Slowing down at a stop sign, speeding up from a stop sign, sometimes when I move etc. It’s not a rub. Definite clunk. And passenger seat doesn’t do it so I’m thinking something isn’t quite right.

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Wonder if it has something to do with this part? Not my picture. Came from a YouTube video.

IMG_0022.jpeg

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just tried to get a video. Didn’t work. I feel it when my momentum changes in the seat. Slowing down at a stop sign, speeding up from a stop sign, sometimes when I move etc. It’s not a rub. Definite clunk. And passenger seat doesn’t do it so I’m thinking something isn’t quite right.
Is it a loud clunk?

Sponsored

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mostly driving.
Do you think its from the shocks and not from maybe the seat frame rubbing on another piece of metal?

I would not know how to take the back cover off the seat to get to that bolt from the picture you posted.

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Do you think its from the shocks and not from maybe the seat frame rubbing on another piece of metal?

I would not know how to take the back cover off the seat to get to that bolt from the picture you posted.
It feels like something inside the seat. Don’t think it’s the shocks. @Desertrunner has an appointment already scheduled. Figured I’d wait to see what he finds out.