Sponsored

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Does anybody know why the Hybrids will tow less? I'm guessing something with weight? I'm comming from a V8 4runner and I would like to get the "Iforce MAX" as I think that would be a more fun daily. However, I would still like to be able to tow about the same as my 4R. I have a 19' travel trailer that I take out occasinaly, is there any reason I couldn't tow that with the Hybird?
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Does anybody know why the Hybrids will tow less? I'm guessing something with weight? I'm comming from a V8 4runner and I would like to get the "Iforce MAX" as I think that would be a more fun daily. However, I would still like to be able to tow about the same as my 4R. I have a 19' travel trailer that I take out occasinaly, is there any reason I couldn't tow that with the Hybird?
Based on the SAE tow rating standard, my guess would be it's related to either a cooling limitation on the hybrid or the placement of the hybrid battery impacts handling to the point where the truck overseers with a heavier trailer. It wouldn't be related to acceleration or braking since it has more torque and bigger brakes.

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Yep, that is a LOT of good info, and Mr Fox seems to be a very honest person, which unfortunately is not a very common attribute among car dealers. Mesa is less than 300 miles from me, so I think I just found my Taco dealer!
I would hold off on that. Berge charged me 4 thousand dollars in dealer add ons with my truck. None of which came with the truck. Ive been complaining to them all week and apparently tuesday they are writing me a check. In contact with a legal team in case

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
I would hold off on that. Berge charged me 4 thousand dollars in dealer add ons with my truck. None of which came with the truck. Ive been complaining to them all week and apparently tuesday they are writing me a check. In contact with a legal team in case
I saw on their website the $6000 Rugged Trail Series lift/wheel/tire package on a couple of OR's, and a couple of other Taco's with $2000 dealer added "Protection" packages, but no $4000 add ons. Why did you pay for $4000 of add ons that weren't added on? Keep us posted as Fox seemed like an honest guy but I will stand corrected if they tried to cheat you out of $4000!

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
I saw on their website the $6000 Rugged Trail Series lift/wheel/tire package on a couple of OR's, and a couple of other Taco's with $2000 dealer added "Protection" packages, but no $4000 add ons. Why did you pay for $4000 of add ons that weren't added on? Keep us posted as Fox seemed like an honest guy but I will stand corrected if they tried to cheat you out of $4000!
The whole deal was weird. The truck arrived with no steps / I got a terrible pre delivery wash / there was still water spots on the truck. They made me pay in full early January. Truck arrived with no steps, no bed mat, no ceramic coating. Just absolutely hosed me. Asked for a window sticker several times never got one then I started running the numbers. I was like this is off am I missing things which I was. They did admit that

Sponsored

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
The whole deal was weird. The truck arrived with no steps / I got a terrible pre delivery wash / there was still water spots on the truck. They made me pay in full early January. Truck arrived with no steps, no bed mat, no ceramic coating. Just absolutely hosed me. Asked for a window sticker several times never got one then I started running the numbers. I was like this is off am I missing things which I was. They did admit that
On the ceramic coating, you are much better off finding a reputable detailer. To be done correctly, the truck must be properly washed, decontaminated, and polished at a minimum (more than likely a minor paint correction.) All that before any coating is applied.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty shocked at what you went through, and I've been purchasing new vehicles for almost 50 years! To not even give you a window sticker proves they were trying to deceive you, and I'm now thinking to take my business to a local ABQ NM dealer. It's 165 miles yo ABQ for me, so making the drive to Mesa to deal with an honest dealership was an easy choice, but apparently Berge is NOT an honest dealer!. Hope you get your reimbursement from them soon, and if not a lawsuit seems in order.

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
I'm pretty shocked at what you went through, and I've been purchasing new vehicles for almost 50 years! To not even give you a window sticker proves they were trying to deceive you, and I'm now thinking to take my business to a local ABQ NM dealer. It's 165 miles yo ABQ for me, so making the drive to Mesa to deal with an honest dealership was an easy choice, but apparently Berge is NOT an honest dealer!. Hope you get your reimbursement from them soon, and if not a lawsuit seems in order.
Ive been talking to Avondale Toyota. The GM of that store has been helping me quite a bit to be honest. I haven't even met him or walked into his store once. But I do plan on getting my pro from them next or the hybrid once they arrive. Undecided which model yet I want

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
On the ceramic coating, you are much better off finding a reputable detailer. To be done correctly, the truck must be properly washed, decontaminated, and polished at a minimum (more than likely a minor paint correction.) All that before any coating is applied.
Oh it had no coating once so ever. Paint swirls on it still and water marks all over the front end dried up like a 5 year old sprayed it with a garden hose

Sponsored

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive been talking to Avondale Toyota. The GM of that store has been helping me quite a bit to be honest. I haven't even met him or walked into his store once. But I do plan on getting my pro from them next or the hybrid once they arrive. Undecided which model yet I want
Thanks for the tip, and it looks like that don't do any dealer add ons and sell for MSRP, so could be worth the drive!

navid

First Name
Navid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
This is a great video. Awesome to see a dealership be proactive around a new vehicle launch by informing their customers of the different features the new truck will have

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
So to make it clear today they did cut me a check for like 2 grand today in stuff. First on the TRD pro allocation list and at msrp

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So to make it clear today they did cut me a check for like 2 grand today in stuff. First on the TRD pro allocation list and at msrp
Not exactly sure what "So to make it clear today they did cut me a check for like 2 grand today in stuff." means, but maybe you got a $2,000 check and $2,000 worth of stuff, since your original post said they ripped you off for $4,000, maybe? And this certainly didn't "make it clear"!:ROFLMAO:

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Not exactly sure what "So to make it clear today they did cut me a check for like 2 grand today in stuff." means, but maybe you got a $2,000 check and $2,000 worth of stuff, since your original post said they ripped you off for $4,000, maybe? And this certainly didn't "make it clear"!:ROFLMAO:
I got a check back today for ceramic coating missing side steps and missing bed mat. 1000 off next truck aka a hybrid or pro
Sponsored