Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Hi everyone. I did my first offroading last weekend with my Tacoma. My big hobby is nature photography and as I've been chasing after larger mammals, I'm sometimes finding I need to venture out farther to find them. This is what I built the Tacoma to do.

Last weekend I headed out to Pennsylvania to find some Elk. The usual places near roads, etc.. are pretty much played out plus I wanted something different so I headed off into the mountains to find some animals. I ended up on some pretty cool trails that varied from fields, mountain ridges, and trails through the woods. Tons of mud.

I have a Westcott Lift and 33's. In the end, the Tacoma performed flawlessly. The most exciting part was probably climbing a hill that looked almost straight up for about 20 ft and the truck not even breaking traction. That was in 4L, but I didn't need to lock the diff or anything. I will have to say that the Westcott lift definitely makes the ride much stiffer. I had the truck articulating pretty hard and it beat me up pretty good. In the end we found Elk and I had a great time learning some offroading.

Got some pinstripes for my trouble, but I'll have to work those out. Worth it!

8V5A6883-Edit.jpg
IMG_1411.jpg
E47A7144-Edit.jpg
8V5A6611-Edit.jpg
Sponsored

4thGenOffRd

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
Nice pics. I love taking my new Taco out on 4x trails. I don’t have much experience with off roading but so far the stock TRD OR has impressed me. Recently, I used the crawl control on large river rocks with steep inclines and the truck kicked ass. What brand of tire are you using?

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Nice pics. I love taking my new Taco out on 4x trails. I don’t have much experience with off roading but so far the stock TRD OR has impressed me. Recently, I used the crawl control on large river rocks with steep inclines and the truck kicked ass. What brand of tire are you using?
I am running Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac RT. I work for Goodyear so not much option there. Fantastic tires. 3 Peak rated and ripped through the trails with no issues. The only thing is with 33's they are 10-Ply. I wish they had lighter ones, but it is what it is.

tacoboutit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EXL
Hi everyone. I did my first offroading last weekend with my Tacoma. My big hobby is nature photography and as I've been chasing after larger mammals, I'm sometimes finding I need to venture out farther to find them. This is what I built the Tacoma to do.

Last weekend I headed out to Pennsylvania to find some Elk. The usual places near roads, etc.. are pretty much played out plus I wanted something different so I headed off into the mountains to find some animals. I ended up on some pretty cool trails that varied from fields, mountain ridges, and trails through the woods. Tons of mud.

I have a Westcott Lift and 33's. In the end, the Tacoma performed flawlessly. The most exciting part was probably climbing a hill that looked almost straight up for about 20 ft and the truck not even breaking traction. That was in 4L, but I didn't need to lock the diff or anything. I will have to say that the Westcott lift definitely makes the ride much stiffer. I had the truck articulating pretty hard and it beat me up pretty good. In the end we found Elk and I had a great time learning some offroading.

8V5A6883-Edit.jpg
IMG_1411.jpg
E47A7144-Edit.jpg
8V5A6611-Edit.jpg
These pics are fantastic. Nice job!

Photo_Nerd

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad

8V5A6883-Edit.jpg
IMG_1411.jpg
E47A7144-Edit.jpg
8V5A6611-Edit.jpg
Nice! And hey, fellow wildlife photographer here! I’m anxious to take some real trips soon. When you’re too close to the cities, birds are the most readily available subjects. Don’t get me wrong, I love shooting birds. But I need some variety. My old 2wd Ranger could only get me so far.
Sponsored