Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@TigerEyeJazz Yeah - that is how Toyota has always rolled. It limits your choices and sometimes cost a bit more, but I just accept it to get a Toyota truck.

I think it started when most Toyota products were made in Japan. They built the mix they thought would sell, shipped them here and we picked the best fit we could find.

When I bought my last Tundra a local dealer searched in three regions and found the closest fit, and only just that one truck. If you have been buying from a company that lets you order exactly what you want that can seem really strange, but to me it is normal at this point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
@TigerEyeJazz Yeah - that is how Toyota has always rolled. It limits your choices and sometimes cost a bit more, but I just accept it to get a Toyota truck.

I think it started when most Toyota products were made in Japan. They built the mix they thought would sell, shipped them here and we picked the best fit we could find.

When I bought my last Tundra a local dealer searched in three regions and found the closest fit, and only just that one truck. If you have been buying from a company that lets you order exactly what you want that can seem really strange, but to me it is normal at this point.
I think I’ll be fine with that. As long as I get a 4Runner I’m happy. I’ve always wanted one but I knew a new gen was approaching.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@TigerEyeJazz Cool - I think the new 4Runner is beautiful and I bet you will love it. I know Toyota pushed back the launch - have they said yet when production will start?

I love driving my hybrid truck. It should tow really well. My 5.7l Tundra was a towing machine and it had 64 fewer ft/lbs of torque than the i-FORCE MAX! Acceleration is good and it just feels strong with all that torque. On top of that it is fun. Everytime I take off from a stop while turning 90 degrees it barks the inside rear tire - just like some old muscle cars I have owned. That always puts a smile on my face. :cool:

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
@TigerEyeJazz Cool - I think the new 4Runner is beautiful and I bet you will love it. I know Toyota pushed back the launch - have they said yet when production will start?

I love driving my hybrid truck. It should tow really well. My 5.7l Tundra was a towing machine and it had 64 fewer ft/lbs of torque than the i-FORCE MAX! Acceleration is good and it just feels strong with all that torque. On top of that it is fun. Everytime I take off from a stop while turning 90 degrees it barks the inside rear tire - just like some old muscle cars I have owned. That always puts a smile on my face. :cool:
As of right now, they have not confirmed a release date or release window. On the 4Runner Forums, our dealerships have been saying early deliveries December with full scale launch around February or March.

Honestly that’s actually great to hear! I think the Tacoma is a killer product. I know some people talk negatively about it but I feel like they don’t know till they own the vehicle. It’s a blast to drive and I love the interior with its rugged looks.
Sponsored