massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Nice truck! I’m super jealous!

I don’t think there’s any type of cover that will work with that bar. It mounts to the rails inside of the bed. Maybe you could buy a hard tonneau and cut out part of it to fit around the bar, but I don’t think it would work. It wouldn’t be secure and it would definitely leak.

I am curious how the bar looks with the molle panels removed.
there will eventually be a company that will engineer something
Sponsored

OP
OP

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
No, didn't come with it.

OP
OP

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Happy my arb is gone. OEM tonneau cover is in. I go pick it up tomorrow and hope to get real installation instructions from the service department!🤞

Sponsored

OP
OP

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Doing the exact same swap, hopefully on day one.
Nice! I have to wonder how many Trailhunter owners are going to remove the ARB bar. When I put mine up for sale, I did see one other for sale in Nashville I think.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Nice! I have to wonder how many Trailhunter owners are going to remove the ARB bar. When I put mine up for sale, I did see one other for sale in Nashville I think.
When you have time would you mind posting up a few more pics? Id like to see what it looks like further back with the ARB mullet removed and just more pics to drool over in general.

I assume the ARB bar was really easy to remove? I plan to pull mine off as soon as I pull in the driveway haha.

OP
OP

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
When you have time would you mind posting up a few more pics? Id like to see what it looks like further back with the ARB mullet removed and just more pics to drool over in general.

I assume the ARB bar was really easy to remove? I plan to pull mine off as soon as I pull in the driveway haha.
ARB bar was as easy as removing 18 bolts. Each set of 3 had a metal bar in the bed rail the bolts threaded into. Had to remove some of the torx bolts in the rails for the piece in the rail to slide out. T40 torx forcthe ARB bar and T30 torx forcthe bolts inside the rails.

I only have close ups right now. Pics of how the bar mounts.
2024 Tacoma Ice Cap White 2024 TRAILHUNTER Tacoma delivery! Proud new owner 🤩 20240621_124527
2024 Tacoma Ice Cap White 2024 TRAILHUNTER Tacoma delivery! Proud new owner 🤩 20240621_124542

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ARB bar was as easy as removing 18 bolts. Each set of 3 had a metal bar in the bed rail the bolts threaded into. Had to remove some of the torx bolts in the rails for the piece in the rail to slide out. T40 torx forcthe ARB bar and T30 torx forcthe bolts inside the rails.

I only have close ups right now. Pics of how the bar mounts.
20240621_124527.jpg
20240621_124542.jpg
Awesome, thanks. Yeah that looks super easy.

Sponsored

TacosR4me

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma SX
If you know anyone interested
I might sell it to get a short bed!

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Proud new owner of the Trailhunter. One of the first as far as I gather from feedback. I want the OEM trifold to secure my camping gear. The Trailhunter comes standard with the ARB sport bar. It secures to the factory side and front rails with 12 bolts. Everything I see and read tells me that the bar will need to come off to install this tonneau cover. Can you confirm my thoughts? While I like the looks of the ARB bar (wife hates it), I don't mind losing it for the cover.

Gratuitous picture when I picked it up.

20240618_164137.jpg
Hey quick question, what is the exact tire size? I can't find it anywhere. I know Toyota claims 33" but if I remember right it was smaller than 285 x 70 x 17. Getting in touch with a tire shop here to trade out for 35's as soon as I get it in a few weeks.
Sponsored