MAGNAFLOW 2024 TOYOTA TACOMA SPEQ SERIES CAT-BACK PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 6spd
That was another exhaust kit I was looking at. Any chance can send a few sound clips of the truck driving by
It was windy and my phone kept overheating so its not the greatest but here you go

I accidentally said left exit, I meant right exit in the video.

Like I said before, its fairly quiet for aftermarket exhaust (which happened to be what I wanted). Having run the OEM without the resonator pipe at all that in itself is 50% on the way to this exhaust in terms of sound.

Also having run the catback completely off there's a lot going on in the cats/turbo downpipe that's doing more muffling that I'm used to. Whenever somebody manufactures a quality turbo downpipe is when we're really going to unlock any kind of mean(er) or raw turbo sound, and I would presume that's where any real HP gain would be like most turbo vehicles.

Edit: I mentioned welding, you could just as easily get a double sided exhaust clamp for 2.5". I only bring up replacing the muffler because its such a cheap kit that happens to be very flexible to do so if you wanted a bit more. I might cut in that factory resonator just for kicks

2024 Tacoma MAGNAFLOW 2024 TOYOTA TACOMA SPEQ SERIES CAT-BACK PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM mUzRJXy

OEM muffler vs AFe one
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
KURO4THGEN

KURO4THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport premium MT
It was windy and my phone kept overheating so its not the greatest but here you go

I accidentally said left exit, I meant right exit in the video.

Like I said before, its fairly quiet for aftermarket exhaust (which happened to be what I wanted). Having run the OEM without the resonator pipe at all that in itself is 50% on the way to this exhaust in terms of sound.

Also having run the catback completely off there's a lot going on in the cats/turbo downpipe that's doing more muffling that I'm used to. Whenever somebody manufactures a quality turbo downpipe is when we're really going to unlock any kind of mean(er) or raw turbo sound, and I would presume that's where any real HP gain would be like most turbo vehicles.
Great video, got to hear the exhaust in all different types of speeds, sounds great man. I for sure want to see the aftermarket scene for the performance mods for the truck to gain more HP. Appreciate the video it answered a lot of my questions

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great video, got to hear the exhaust in all different types of speeds, sounds great man. I for sure want to see the aftermarket scene for the performance mods for the truck to gain more HP. Appreciate the video it answered a lot of my questions
They are working on a JB4 piggyback now which with a turbo we're probably looking at +30hp conservative there, once companies figure out the downpipe and cats that's going to be a key piece to get full stage 2 numbers (with CAI sorta). I'm hoping for roughly 50-60 hp at the wheels at that point. Frankly that's conservative for a 2.4L turbo unless there is an unknown bottleneck. Also going to need some sort of shifter and way to get rev hang under control. If I can tack on 50whp and those drivability things I'll be happy

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
mUzRJXy.png

OEM muffler vs AFe one
I'm guessing you didn't weigh them both but it seems like there's probably a substantial difference in weight between the stock muffler and the AFe, coupled with more weight savings due to the axle dump vs. full extension? What's your gut feel on the weight difference?

Weight might be more important to me than the slight difference in noise. With my overland build I'm adding quite a bit of weight to the truck and need to cut wherever I can.

tacofart

First Name
JTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing you didn't weigh them both but it seems like there's probably a substantial difference in weight between the stock muffler and the AFe, coupled with more weight savings due to the axle dump vs. full extension? What's your gut feel on the weight difference?

Weight might be more important to me than the slight difference in noise. With my overland build I'm adding quite a bit of weight to the truck and need to cut wherever I can.
I did not weigh them, however the tail pipe alone is 15 lbs at least, I'd guess a difference of about 40 pounds across the board.

Sponsored

camb1999

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma sport
Just wanted to follow up on this thread, looks like carven just dropped their dump exit kit for less than half the price of the magnaflow kit.
this is for sure what I’m gonna be going with, plus the guys over there are super chill and their 100 year warranty is nice.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Posting to see if anyone has done an exhaust systems on there Tacoma yet. The only two kits I have found that are meant for the 4th gen is the Magnaflow and Running 4 taco exhaust kits. If you have done an exhaust on yours would love to hear some sound clips of it.
Dirtydeeds just started producing gen4 exhaust.. $700 shipped!

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I had the Magnaflow exhaust installed this past Tuesday. It is much lighter than the OE exhaust. The Magnaflow exhaust sounds like a…. Four cylinder. I am still breaking the engine, and until I get over 1000 miles, I won’t make any WOT accelerations. At least I can hear the exhaust, but not the sound I had hoped for. Not entirely fair since my last exhaust mod was on a 4.2 liter Audi S5 with an AWE kit.