BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Howdy fellow 4G Tacoma owners!

Creating this build thread to document the various parts that we will be experimenting with and using for our 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road.

Our current vision for this truck is to make it a great daily and the perfect overland rig. We come from backgrounds of more sport compacts and TRX/Raptors for performance so this is newer to us.

When the 4G Tacoma was first announced, we wanted our hands on one, but dealerships wanted mark ups, forced accessories, etc.. We weren't in that much of a need for one so we held off.. Started shopping again for them recently and saw that dealerships were offering 5-10% off MSRP now. Decided to look at used ones and we found a used one with 800 miles on the odo, about a month of ownership, and local to us. Best part is, the truck is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles, $57108 MSRP and we got it for less than we would a brand new TRD off-road with cloth seats. So it was a no brainer. (Ice cap was the color of choice, but black it is.)

First impressions: The truck is amazing.. First time I drove it, the power, the handling, the styling, everything was a win in my book. Lots of aftermarket support for this vehicle so we're excited for that. MPG is pretty good as well. Turbo sounds good.

Cons: Transmission feels a little jerky, hoping its not part of the TSB. After I signed all the paperwork for the car, I noticed the prior owner kept the JBL flex speaker.. so we'll be on the lookout for one to put back in. Black paint scratches easily. Truck is expensive but what isn't these days. Gas tank is a little small for something that we would want to be able to not have to worry about. Speakers are lacking.. (We'll see if the Beatsonic amp, helps with this)

Looking forward to interacting with you guys and helping out!

-Josh

Screenshot 2024-10-28 at 12.00.21 AM.jpg
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
The transmission shouldn't be Jerky. I'd take it in. Mine is butter smooth.