Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Holy crap, dude! To “walk away” from that is unbelievable. Happy you’re mostly ok!

I’ve owned a dash cam for over 12 years now. I find them as indispensable as any other safety equipment that comes standard in today’s vehicles. Glad you had one in this case.

Every time I rewatch my dash cam footage, I’m surprised at how slow the action looks compared to when I witnessed that same event live. In this case, I can only imagine how hard that impact was. Dash cams are very deceiving that way!

Clearly a case of distracted driving here. Just as dangerous as a drunk driver.

I’m picking up my new truck in the next week. I’m dreading the day I remove the dash cam from my current car knowing I’ll have to drive it an hour and a half without it, plus the return trip in the new truck!

I hope there are no long term effects from your injuries.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Glad all is well. What is the pic of the other gray Tacoma? What dash cam are you using. I was on the fence getting one. I am for sure now. That is clear as day.

Reactions: MJE

rem2582

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
God bless! Get well soon. It’s for that reason I’ve installed front and rear dash cams.

Sponsored

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
A dash cam is something that had never really crossed my mind til now. Glad you're mostly ok and were able to walk away from it. God may not have been watching over your new taco but he was definitely watching over you.

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
So barely over 3000 miles on my truck and someone in a RAV4 crossed the yellow line on a curve. Same as a 90 impact since we were both doing 45.

After CAT scans and x-rays, all I have is pains in my shoulders and a few cuts and a third-degree burn on my wrist from the airbags. Immediately after the impact I thought I was going to die. My spine was on fire and a lung for that gas from the airbags.

Two people in the other car went to trauma hospital. Not sure if the other driver is going to make it.

Got released from the hospital after a couple of hours so you could basically say I walked away from this.

I was still in my truck texting my sales guy to get another one ready. 🤔 don't want another silver one or white ones so trying to figure out what color I will get. I probably won't be able to get another 6 foot bed because when I bought this one a few months ago, he said they didn't have another 6 foot bed for the next 75 trucks allotted to them.

I told him I'll make a commercial for Toyota and he said he was contacting the department to see if they'd be interested in it.

I'm a man of faith and I know God was looking after me.

IMG_4027.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4046.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4069.jpeg

IMG_4026.jpeg
I'm glad you're okay and best wishes to the others.

Our family member killed by a fool was also of faith but not in a top rated for safety pickup so your dash cam footage illustrated something very important to my wife. We'd not have bought ours if it didn't have that rating.

If you had a long bed I'd suggest leveraging your insurance to get you another. In my case I can't imaging not having the long bed. The "Kiss My Gritts" web app will show them already landed. Toyota's site with a 500 mi search radius will show ones that are incoming with approximate dates.

Best wishes for resolving it all ASAP.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Social media has dashcam footage everywhere. I feel it's actually made me a better driver, particularly at intersections, as I'm now more cautious instead of blindly driving through, expecting the other drivers to have their act together. I've had dashcams before, but I'm now upgrading to better units. I just picked up a Garmin Mini off of Amazon.

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
I join you in thanking God for his protection and grace. I'm glad you're ok, (Psalm 91!) and I, too, am praying for the others.

Thank you for posting the pics so we can see how well the truck did in the crash. Perhaps Toyota will take the truck carcass for an autopsy and see that you get a new one of your liking! It looks like you were well protected by the engineering.

PS — My windshield was rekt by a little pebble a week after I got in April. Still waiting on a replacement, which is not yet available. Since yours survived a 90 mph crash, and you don't seem to be using it at the moment, can have yours? It seems more durable than mine. 🙃