Sponsored

elturco

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I do also have a topper on my 24 OR and the biggest issue I have is the fact that there are no options to upgrade the springs on the truck to support the added weight (300 pounds). So the truck now sits about 3-4 inches lower. I believe that the TH has stiffer springs to support the batteries and also I am under the impression that the TH sits about 3 inches higher than the OR trim but no on can confirm. So my search continues for an option to make my truck sit higher again (back to the original height before the added weight).
Sponsored

Nation1024

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
I have had my bronze oxide, 6' bed TH for about 2 weeks now (ex-2017 Limited, short bed). I love it and I agree with the bulletpoints made by OP and yes, that the snorkel noise is a thing but I take it in stride. I landed on a TH because its the ONLY way to get a 4th gen crew cab with hybrid engine and 6' bed. So I'm fine with the snorkel noise and look forward to potential aftermarket dampening.

Right now my biggest challenge is learning about all the operations and functions from the textbook that is the owners manual!! I still dont know how to turn on the bed camp lights. Also there are easter eggs everywhere........did you know there is morse code in the windshield edging?!

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' TRD Off Road (for sale) , 24 Trailhunter Inbound
Do the TH rear seats still fold up (even though the battery is there) to have a flat platform? Or are the seat cushions fixed and the only option is to fold the taller portion down semi-flat?

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Do the TH rear seats still fold up (even though the battery is there) to have a flat platform? Or are the seat cushions fixed and the only option is to fold the taller portion down semi-flat?
They fold up to access the battery but there is a pin you have to pull before they come up. There is some space in there, but I wouldn't store much because I'm assuming you want to keep the space free for air flow.

I just had a guy do a camera relocation in the bed and he posted a quick video (linked below) that shows that part. I'll be posting more about that once it's done as well.

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update. I just got the first "fun: mod done today. Bigger tires. I went with the Falken AT4 in a 295 x 70 x 18 which is 34.26 compared to a true 35. The shop confirmed with pictures (one below) that it will in fact fit underneath. I only bought 4 initially to make sure it fit and now bought the 5th and will have them put on next week when I get back from having the Lone Peak installed. It does hang down a bit further so a bit more chance to rub it, but shouldn't be too bad. With that size spare it's pretty closer to the Panhard bar, but it still clears it. Pics don't do it justice, but it looks sick now and a hell of a lot meaner than the factory tires. I posted a few vantage points, but even the side profile you can tell they do not really poke out anymore. They fill in the wheel well more and look good.

I can also confirm that the tires that come on it are super wimpy. They are very flimsy and you can easily push in the sidewall. They definitely look more aggressive than they actually are. If you are planning to do any real off-roading I would highly recommend at a minimum changing out for a better tire.

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4377.jpeg

IMG_4376.jpeg

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

Spare .jpg

Sponsored

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
Quick update. I just got the first "fun: mod done today. Bigger tires. I went with the Falken AT4 in a 295 x 70 x 18 which is 34.26 compared to a true 35. The shop confirmed with pictures (one below) that it will in fact fit underneath. I only bought 4 initially to make sure it fit and now bought the 5th and will have them put on next week when I get back from having the Lone Peak installed. It does hang down a bit further so a bit more chance to rub it, but shouldn't be too bad. With that size spare it's pretty closer to the Panhard bar, but it still clears it. Pics don't do it justice, but it looks sick now and a hell of a lot meaner than the factory tires. I posted a few vantage points, but even the side profile you can tell they do not really poke out anymore. They fill in the wheel well more and look good.

I can also confirm that the tires that come on it are super wimpy. They are very flimsy and you can easily push in the sidewall. They definitely look more aggressive than they actually are. If you are planning to do any real off-roading I would highly recommend at a minimum changing out for a better tire.

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4377.jpeg

IMG_4376.jpeg

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

Spare .jpg
Awesome looking setup! Looks so much better with those tires. Stock suspension I assume? Did you have to remove/cut anything out?

Also, is that the OEM roof rack or something different?

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' TRD Off Road (for sale) , 24 Trailhunter Inbound
Interesting regarding the rear seat and TY for the video - mainly I wonder how easy it is to remove or fold the seat up to for the doggo to use occasionally. And maybe put some sort of platform there to give him a place to sit.

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome looking setup! Looks so much better with those tires. Stock suspension I assume? Did you have to remove/cut anything out?

Also, is that the OEM roof rack or something different?
Very minimal trimming. The shop showed me what he cut off and it was a tiny amount. Yes stock suspension. I am sure I’ll need a beefier rear spring when it’s built (in the next few weeks) but they don’t exist yet.

Rack is the Up Top Overland Kilo rack. See page 2 of this thread for some more pics and details.

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update with pics: We road tripped out to WA from CO (~2,500 miles round trip) to pick up the Lone Peak and finally exposed the truck to some dirt/light trails on the way back. We just got back tonight so keeping this short, but I'll post more detail up later. Spoiler: I love the truck and think the LP is going to be awesome for us!

I really hope the aftermarket comes out with a heavy duty rear coil spring ASAP. It rides great still, but it's definitely a bit squatted down in the rear and will be even more in the coming weeks as I build out the remainder of the bed. Anyone with a 4th gen that plans to do a bed buildout will be in the same boat.

IMG_4418.jpeg

IMG_4415.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4412.jpeg

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Quick update with pics: We road tripped out to WA from CO (~2,500 miles round trip) to pick up the Lone Peak and finally exposed the truck to some dirt/light trails on the way back. We just got back tonight so keeping this short, but I'll post more detail up later. Spoiler: I love the truck and think the LP is going to be awesome for us!

I really hope the aftermarket comes out with a heavy duty rear coil spring ASAP. It rides great still, but it's definitely a bit squatted down in the rear and will be even more in the coming weeks as I build out the remainder of the bed. Anyone with a 4th gen that plans to do a bed buildout will be in the same boat.

IMG_4418.jpeg

IMG_4415.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4412.jpeg
Very nice looking truck. If you don't mind, what is the overall height, excluding/including the camper roof bars as it stands?

I'm considering what my options might be in order to fit a truck with camper into a garage with a 7 foot high entry. I guess sticking with standard diameter tires and standard as opposed to the "tall" version of the LP camper would also help but sizing yours helps with estimating wiggle room, albeit I'd need to potentially factor in fitting stronger springs down the road that would lift it back up a bit.
Sponsored