Sponsored

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
question for you about your 3rd brake light on your Lone Peak: how did they tie-in on your TH's brake light on the rear?

I did GG Offroad’s camera relocation kit and know exactly where the OE brake light connection is located but just curious if the guys at lone peak tapped in an easier location?

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 8.35.26 PM.jpg
What made you opt for the GG kit vs doing something like a wolfbox that pulls double duty as a dash cam? (I’m currently debating between the two so I’m curious what made you decide)

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
can’t speak for 2ndgen2 but I personally didn’t want more gadgets in the front. But the main reason is the tech on the cab spoiler will always be unavailable/black whenever you have a topper or camper on the truck. That sucks IMO. Moving the OE is the way to go, interfaces seamlessly on the truck. And you can revert it if/when you sell the truck without the shell

I have the Toyota dashcam and even that is pretty bulky and chews up real estate up front. Adding more screens and wires sounds like more of a PITA longer term vs doing the relocate (which is also kind of a pain in the ass in the near term but way better in the long term.) it’s nerve racking at first taking apart interior trim panels & headliner on a brand new truck but doing it again is a breeze.
Sponsored

Last edited: