Sponsored

My Trailhunter has been released from QC Purgatory!

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
My Trailhunter was released from the QC hold on July 23. It’s now in “processing”.

On average, what is the time from this point in the pipeline until it arrives at the dealership? It’s been a very long wait…

2024 Tacoma My Trailhunter has been released from QC Purgatory! 74378108283__D84B9C9C-0E6F-4EAC-B9DF-8CBAC8959D38
Sponsored

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
Hard to say.

At this point it really depends on where you/your dealer is and where the truck is. My dealer told me they typically get them 1-2 weeks after being cut loose from the factory, but that's near San Diego.

And that also assumes no port issues or backups, no rail issues (if part of it is rail) and no truck issues/shortages. A problem at any stage could easily add 1-2 weeks.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
My Trailhunter was released from the QC hold on July 23. It’s now in “processing”.

On average, what is the time from this point in the pipeline until it arrives at the dealership? It’s been a very long wait…

74378108283__D84B9C9C-0E6F-4EAC-B9DF-8CBAC8959D38.jpeg
Are you able to get any info on what the hold was?

OP
OP
massm22

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Hard to say.

At this point it really depends on where you/your dealer is and where the truck is. My dealer told me they typically get them 1-2 weeks after being cut loose from the factory, but that's near San Diego.

And that also assumes no port issues or backups, no rail issues (if part of it is rail) and no truck issues/shortages. A problem at any stage could easily add 1-2 weeks.
I’m in Massachusetts and the dealer is 75 miles north in NH. Based on what you’re saying, it’s probably a month or so with no hiccups
Are you able to get any info on what the hold was?
no, but I do know it was specific to the Trailhunter. The dealer said no other models had a hold

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Not trying to be adversarial, but your dealer is wrong.

Here's an Off-Road that was on QC Hold:

2024 Tacoma My Trailhunter has been released from QC Purgatory! 1722353715073-i

I can't find the exact post now, but there was at least one Pro on QC Hold on here as well.

The weird thing to me is... why are some of these on QC hold early in the process, and others (like mine) so late in the workflow? Mine got stuck on Step 7. I've see in as early as Step 3. So odd.

Sponsored

OP
OP
massm22

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
From what I understood was initially, back when yours was on hold, everything was being held, and from what I read here, they were held at the port. Nobody knows for sure why (just like now, nobody knows why). This past month, all of the Tacomas that were "AI" in the pipeline, were Trailhunters.

Apparently, what ever the issue is or was, they've been satisfied it's been checked or addressed with my vehicle as it's been released.

Is yours still on a hold?

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!) / 2024 Trailhunter
Well my dealer says this about mine.

Estimated Dealer Arrival
QC Hold on -06/28/2024-QUALITY CONFIRMATION ACTIVITY -Vehicle delayed for 56 days- ETA unavailable

So it went from 28 days to 56. Smh.

OP
OP
massm22

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover

Estimated Dealer Arrival
QC Hold on -06/28/2024-QUALITY CONFIRMATION ACTIVITY -Vehicle delayed for 56 days- ETA unavailable

crap, that's the day mine was assembled... it was on hold July 3 to July 23. I hope mine doesn't follow suit

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70

Estimated Dealer Arrival

I think our trucks might be hanging out together.

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
wish there was more information on what exactly the holds were for. are they fixing a known manufacturing defect? or is it more of a extra check to make sure these are good? nobody outside of Toyota knows and they aint talkin.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Apparently, what ever the issue is or was, they've been satisfied it's been checked or addressed with my vehicle as it's been released.
Is your truck on the move to your dealer?

OP
OP
massm22

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Is your truck on the move to your dealer?
It’s at the port of Vera Cruz Mexico waiting for the boat. Yesterday I learned those ferries take anywhere from 4000-8000 cars at a time. It’s just a matter of finding out the schedule which seems very difficult to do… I tried but couldn’t figure it out
Sponsored