Sponsored

Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

Zebrajacket99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter LB
That Bronze Oxide? How is the paint in person?

Needing those words of encouragement currently. Still waiting for the dealer to workout a delivery mixup with Toyota corporate currently. Waited all this time through the QC hold debacle only for them to deliver it to the wrong dealership. Hoping this truck is worth the wait. haha.
[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: Finally picked up the truck last night. 9mo wait is over. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Sponsored

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Finally, after all this QC hold debacle...my truck was delivered today! My salesman is off today, so I set up an appointment tomorrow. I can't wait!
heck yeah nice, hopefully I get a call soon man im itching to get behind the wheel of my TH ! Share your pics once you take delivery!

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
anyone know if newly built trailhunters are still getting put on QC holds? Mine is supposed to be built next week.

airxmarshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Charger Scat Pack
heck yeah nice, hopefully I get a call soon man im itching to get behind the wheel of my TH ! Share your pics once you take delivery!
Ive been so busy lately, but I picked it up last Wednesday (August 28). It's better than what i was expecting. It drives smooth, has power, and does fantastic off road! I'm extremely pleased with it!

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions 20240901_172249

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions IMG_20240827_142912 (2)

Sponsored

SAR Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
After being given a delivery ETA of 8/26-9/6 I've been told my TH arrived at Portland on 8/27, but during the past week has been unable to be moved the 3 hours north to the Seattle dealership.

There is no update right now. It is at the port in Portland and awaiting shipment. All trailhunters are most likely going through quality control due to it being the first batch of trailhunters. In a 500 miles radius, there is not a single trailhunter that has hit a dealer yet.

I have doubts about the 500mi radius remark, but have no facts to base my doubts on.

Edit: I've been told that there may be another QC inspection going on by my dealer. I have no new ETA for delivery.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter long boi
I was looking at this truck at SIMI Valley Toyota. You actually paid that markup on it?
I paid MSRP + $1250 "markup" (it's for their Xzillion thing and theft insurance, but I personally think of it more as markup). They started to advertise $5000 markup after I already put deposit on it, wasn't sure that I will get this truck until I started to sign papers.

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
Update: Just heard that my TH made it to port (east coast) on 8/30. Still stuck in status "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date." Unclear at this point if it's going to be held for QC (snorkel fix or anything else that comes up). Build date was 7/30.

JaKOwNz7

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
Was given a delivery date range of 8/22-9/5. Now they removed the estimate date on the Toyota website and dealer pipeline. Looks like the waiting game continues.
Build date was 6/20.
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions IMG_8521

Last edited:

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Has anybody already with a Trailhunter and the original snorkel cover tried to get a warranty replacement yet? I plan on asking whenever my defective bed scene rail gets replaced. Warranty replacement parts are just not available. Poorcrollout and inventory planning by Toyota in their rush to get the delayed introduction to market. They weren't ready and now have a lot of loyal Toyota owners extremely mad!

Sponsored

jaslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma DCLB
And the saga continues for my specific TH...

Dates from Toyota Inventory Search:
- Over the weekend: ETA 8/22-9/4
- On Monday night: ETA updated to 8/20-8/22
- On Tuesday morning: ETA updated to 8/22 (single date, no range)
- As of today: no ETA, updated back to just "may be in transit"

Talked to the dealer and they have no more information and there's no active hold on my truck - it's just sitting at the Benecia port since 8/19. What's stranger is a TRD Pro that came on the same boat got delivered to the same dealer today.

Upside is I got to see a TRD Pro in underground in person. My observations:
- Really is a gorgeous looking truck; TH should be similar or better looking
- Color and gloss combination collects water spots and finger prints like flies to a pile of...you get the idea. I'm pretty over trying to keep a dark vehicle clean. Also shows scratches very easily
- Leg room isn't as terrible in the back as I expected when driver seat adjusted to me (I'm 5' 8")
- It's a TALL truck. No steps from factory are a problem
- Passenger door panel already had a scuff unloaded from the delivery truck that wouldn't buff out

He did tell me the person who it's held for isn't being responsive so he might offer it to me if it turns into a back out situation. I'll probably still hold out for the TH.

74597460330__6314CE46-E80D-42AC-B60B-D0E53221E10A.jpeg
Life has an odd way of working out.

In a twist, a different dealer I wasn't working with had a bronze oxide 6' TH become available and already delivered at the lot over the weekend in LA. This had a later build date (6/18) than the one I had on hold at my primary dealer (5/28).

Ended up jumping on the opportunity and got the exact color I wanted. Price came out to $3 more, but all in options that I didn't mind (so I got something out of it), versus a straight dealer adjustment.

If anyone is interested, I just informed my former dealer today so there's a Celestial Silver TH now available in Hayward CA. As of Sunday, Toyota lifted all holds and the TH was expected to be at the lot "any day".

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Congratulations on the 6 foot bed.. wish I was lucky enough to get one.. enjoy the ride

JaKOwNz7

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
Life has an odd way of working out.

In a twist, a different dealer I wasn't working with had a bronze oxide 6' TH become available and already delivered at the lot over the weekend in LA. This had a later build date (6/18) than the one I had on hold at my primary dealer (5/28).

Ended up jumping on the opportunity and got the exact color I wanted. Price came out to $3 more, but all in options that I didn't mind (so I got something out of it), versus a straight dealer adjustment.

If anyone is interested, I just informed my former dealer today so there's a Celestial Silver TH now available in Hayward CA. As of Sunday, Toyota lifted all holds and the TH was expected to be at the lot "any day".
Really hope thats true. Where did you hear that Toyota lifted all holds? Starting to get impatient waiting for my TH to arrive… congrats on the new truck you are one of the lucky ones.

Kingsley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100 Series
Really hope thats true. Where did you hear that Toyota lifted all holds? Starting to get impatient waiting for my TH to arrive… congrats on the new truck you are one of the lucky ones.
I'm curious about this to. My dealer told me this morning that the hold was extended by another 2 weeks on all TH in a 500 mile radius of Denver. So must just be for that region?
Sponsored