Sponsored

Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Toyota Inventory search was my friend. I searched mid day last Thursday, picked up my TH 24 hours later. Mudflaps and bedliner were the only add ons. The dealership even honored the Smartpath discount of $1000.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions IMG_1869
Sponsored

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
i.e., you got lucky. Most states where these are in demand have waitlists years out, and zero smart path incentives, people scour the inventory site daily looking for this truck & come up empty handed. … IDK, you brag about getting it under MSRP but don’t show a bill of sale. Photo or didn’t happen. Posting like this on a QC hold thread too is a slap in the face to buyers who are locked in waiting for their trucks yet somehow you’re blessed being in the middle of nowhere SMH.

dudes literally have deposited since May of ‘23 and yet to get allocated. So you’re either posting here to rub it in or promote Arkansas as the state we should all relocate to 😆

EDIT: Looks like they did a DIO with those running boards? Bit of a head scratcher, first I’ve seen a set in a TH.
There was absolutely no intent to rub it in anyone’s face, that’s actually why I waited to post anything. Did not mean to offend. There is no “Brag” about this. That was informative to let people know it’s possible to save with Smartpath, even on the Halo models.

Those TRD steps are not DIO, they’re Personally Installed. The rock rails are in my shop.

Hope you receive your truck soon.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Congrats on the trailhunter.. mine was built on 8/23 so I figure I’ll probably get it around thanksgiving

Rope_photo

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Off-road
Looks like something happened on the back end, but I'm not exactly sure what it means since it still has no delivery date. Hopefully it means it's passed QC at least.
Went from this:
"Estimated Dealer Arrival - Quality Confirmation Hold - Possible vehicle delay - Dealer ETA not available at this time."

To this:
"Estimated Dealer Arrival - Not Available"

THunterNC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Flew up to OH thursday night and drove back to NC Friday. Managed to sneak up into the NC mtns today (Sunday) just to cruise some well groomed forest service rds. I've been building up my own expectations for nearly a year now and I'm blown away. To attempt to compare this to my 3rd gen isn't even really an interesting conversation. I think it was someone else on this thread who took delivery of their TH who simply described it as "special" . Can't think of a better way to describe. If you are waiting to take delivery...have patience...you will not be disappointed.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions Resized_20240901_150428_1725239630268(1)

Sponsored

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!) / 2024 Trailhunter
Flew up to OH thursday night and drove back to NC Friday. Managed to sneak up into the NC mtns today (Sunday) just to cruise some well groomed forest service rds. I've been building up my own expectations for nearly a year now and I'm blown away. To attempt to compare this to my 3rd gen isn't even really an interesting conversation. I think it was someone else on this thread who took delivery of their TH who simply described it as "special" . Can't think of a better way to describe. If you are waiting to take delivery...have patience...you will not be disappointed.

Resized_20240901_150428_1725239630268(1).jpeg
Glad you got it! If you see mine around say hi!

THunterNC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Also looks like they've addressed the snorkel cover issue with a push pin on either side. Found the OG cover beind back seat.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions 20240902_103340

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Hybrid Highlander
Finally got the text from the dealer on my black reserved TH in Eastern Maryland: "Vehicle is scheduled to arrive anytime between September 6th to 13th". Today Toyota inventory says: " Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 09/02/24 - 09/07/24". So pretty close. On August 24th, inventory said availability 08/30/24 - 09/15/24, so the range keeps shrinking! Base MSRP is $63400 but this TH has fifteen accessory addons including roof rack and wireless trailer cam. With $1495 delivery fee, total SRP comes to $70401. But the toyota website says 65986 for dealer advertised price! So that seems like a reduction of $4415 and no additional markup. I'll report back once I have visited the finance office at the dealer and post a picture.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Well I’m glad that some of you are taking delivery of your TH. sounds like you all are enjoying it. When mine gets here I’ll have to join the party

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)

Congrats on the new rig! Looks amazing. With so many posts about holds, tranny issues, etc., its good to hear something positive. I'm still 'in-transit' so patience is certainly the game.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
The entire TH distribution is a mess. I'm not even in the market for a TH, yet I got a call last week and could have purchased one at a local dealer. I actually thought about it seriously, but I'm not a fan of the snorkel; otherwise, it would be in my driveway right now. I feel for you guys.

massm22

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
So I have a few deposits down with an allocation that is supposed to be at the dealership 07/03 - 07/17. Today it hit the Mexico side of Laredo and was put on QC hold. The dealer texted me and said their region put all Trailhunters on hold. I have no other information yet but just a heads up.

If anyone has any additional info, thoughts, or anything let me know.

Edit: I find it odd that there’s a QC hold after deliveries have already started to several areas. Really hoping this is minor and won’t be a significant delay.
I gave up on my TH on August 3. I found a nice TRD Pro in Terra and bought it the next day. I've been online every week looking at the VIN for my TH and it still hasn't arrived at the dealership. I am glad I got the TRD Pro and I'm not still waiting.

Zebrajacket99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter LB

That Bronze Oxide? How is the paint in person?

Needing those words of encouragement currently. Still waiting for the dealer to workout a delivery mixup with Toyota corporate currently. Waited all this time through the QC hold debacle only for them to deliver it to the wrong dealership. Hoping this truck is worth the wait. haha.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter long boi
Mine was built on July 26th and didn't get the snorkel repair so it'll sit here in the bay until it's fixed. Dealer said latest would be mid October. That is a guess by him because the ones going out now are 3 months past their build date, and 3 months past my build date would be mid October.
Hope this info helps some of you, but the good news is there are several Trailhunters sitting in Benicia as of today, and they'll roll out tomorrow for 8/20-9/10 deliveries based on distance from the port.
Just got back from SoCal with my new Trailhunter built on 07/23/2024, with snorkel fix. I think you will get yours way sooner than October.
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions IMG_3161
Sponsored