Sponsored

My trailhunter pushed back until December.

larryC

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
I put a deposit down for a trailhunter back in February. I had finally gotten an allocation that was to be delivered in july, then it was pushed back to august and then again it was pushed back until September. As my dealership was relaying all this to me i also tracked it on toyotas website and it matched with the dates they were giving me every time it was moved back. Today they called to tell me that my truck was again pushed back this time for three months until December. He had no explanation why it was moved back but said that if i wanted that they could get me a trd pro or keep me deposit for when the truck is eventually delivered or refund my deposit. As soon as i got off the phone i went to toyotas website and sure enough my truck wasn't showing up anymore. I plan on waiting for the trailhunter.
Sponsored

creeval

First Name
Creeval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD El Diablo, 2023 Toyota Sequoia, Tesla Model 3
Where and How are you checking your exact truck without the dealer having to tell you?

creeval

First Name
Creeval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD El Diablo, 2023 Toyota Sequoia, Tesla Model 3
So you just went here https://www.toyota.com/search-inventory/ and now your truck you had allocated is totally missing after additional QC hold? I see mine is still there without much info from my dealer outside of "still on hold" whatever that truly means at this point without any sort of eta timeline.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
ooof. Sorry man. I've seen some THs vanish from inventory, but I think because they were presold and dealers were tired of getting calls on it, so they manually removed it.

This sounds like supply chain really taking it on the chin. The new platform & trims share a bunch of the same parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP

larryC

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Yes i have been watching it on https://www.toyota.com/search-inventory/. From the first day it appeared it had sell pending on the toyota site and my dealers website. The dealer gave me a spec sheet in hand and we had filled out preliminary paperwork to help move the sale along once it gets here. they are just telling me that toyota has put it on a QC hold until December . It is no longer listed on toyota or dealer website. Now the dealership has a pro allocated which they did not have before but I'm not going to settle on a different truck. I have waited this long and i guess i can wait a little longer. Hopefully toyota will have things right once i finally get the truck.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Hopefully the December ETA is a major underpromise / conservative number.

Or, maybe they're feeding you a line and want you to settle for something else already on the lot.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Does anyone know how detailed the status is on trucks which appear in the inventory search?

My TRD Pro was built on 7/27 and it has shown as "Vehicle is in build phase" since then. Will that eventually show any transportation status info? Did any Trailhunter in a QC hold show that in the inventory status or was that information only from the dealer?

All my dealer says is that they will get back to me when they have some information on availability. It would be nice to know a bit more than that!

@larryC That is a crazy long hole on your TH. You really have to wonder WTF is going on with it.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Does anyone know how detailed the status is on trucks which appear in the inventory search?
It's [currently] not detailed at all, it's old info! It's also incomplete info. Dealers can also delete their allocations manually from the system at will. If they're presold, allocated to someone else internally, etc. Some dealers even have THs sale pending without a name on it & vice versa. My allocation doesn't state 'sale pending', but I'm definitely buying this truck.

Let the QC statuses clear up, hopefully the inventory site improves as a result. If it's correct on your build, hallelujah, you're lucky.

Had a 10 minute convo w/my dealer yesterday, he's an early region to allocate the halo tacos. He eluded to the fact that QC holds might arrive later than builds slated for this week forward. He saw this play out with the LCs & Prius Primes. (Yes, even the LCs had QC holds. I saw 2 today on the interstate they look great.) These guys simply list all their halos currently as "contact dealer for availability".

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@trailhunger I think it is a little early for a hallelujah on my truck, but I can hope. On the Toyota search results it says 'sale pending' but not on my dealer's site. It is a bit wacky. My truck is also listed as contact you dealer for availability and my dealer just says, no idea. lol

Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Try not to wait for one particular dealer to get what you want. If you want it sooner than later, you’ll need to be more proactive and diligent. I checked availability of allocations daily, across the country, using the Toyota Inventory/Smart Path search tool. It seems that national allocations are updated every week, sometimes twice a week. When a new one was added I immediately got on the phone with the dealer and inquired.. I hit allot of dead ends, whether it be that the truck was pre-sold, on hold, or even a test drive vehicle that’s not for sale. I found that there ARE dealers with these halos on the ground and not pre sold.. albeit not too many but they’re out there.. those got my full attention. I ended up finding one I wanted on the ground in Chicago, a few phone calls to get nearly $5k of fake dealer options removed from MSRP and the deal was done. Flew up from TN and drove it home all in one day. I too have a deposit at a local dealer for “my” truck, but with no allocation in sight, I had to make some moves and it worked out well. I’ll even help you look, what colour do you want?

Last edited:
OP
OP

larryC

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
I agree with you streetaco. I did consider going out of state. I was watching within a 500 mile radius. I was offered a few from out of state but they all wanted markups. The one that was on samco"s youtube chanel even offered to deliver it to my driveway.The only thing that was holding me back from doing that was wondering why toyota suddenly stopped the allocations and pulled mine indefinitely. My reasoning for waiting was hoping they where working out some kinks or something. With all that being said, I was contacted today by a local dealership that has a bronze oxide with a 6 foot bed and no markup. I immediately went and put my deposit down on it. I should have the truck in 12 days or so.
Sponsored