My truck got backed into in Mexico

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
So over the weekend in Puerto Peñasco (south of Arizona) my truck got backed into at the resort while I was not there. Not much I can do since there was no note or camera to see it. Front left is busted. Clips and headlight shifted a tad.

My question is there any value of Mexican insurance I got (probably not)

Second what are the odds I can get any of these parts if the truck goes to a collision shop and pray the repair doesn’t take forever. Super annoying
2024 Tacoma My truck got backed into in Mexico IMG_3112
2024 Tacoma My truck got backed into in Mexico IMG_3113
2024 Tacoma My truck got backed into in Mexico IMG_3114
2024 Tacoma My truck got backed into in Mexico IMG_3111
Sponsored

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Dude, sorry that happened! I'm not going to be any help with your questions, but I think you may be right that it could take a while for the parts.

MPGunther

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma Sport
Sorry that happened. I feel your pain!

Sponsored

Dongar

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
That really sucks man! Yeah would probably be a long time to source OEM parts... and not cheap. I'd bet you're out of luck on an insurance claim in Mexico so I would probably just live with it for a while and maybe source parts in the future.

Also, my shop specializes in dashcam installs and we have a parking-mode adapter available in the next few months. LMK if you're interested and I'll send out a free unit to you for field testing once we get the next prototypes ready... I run a front+back dashcam that stays on when parked:

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
That sucks! Sorry that happened.

Just an FYI, I and a few others have cracked windshields and we're looking at a few months just for that, so other parts are probably the same if not longer.

OP
OP

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Yup! Super annoying appreciate the responses. Luckily it’s one of those things it’s fine from far. I’m going to start my calls for things see what options are. No doubt will be on some sort of heavy wait. If anyone has an underground bumper they are taking off let me know 😂

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
That sucks man, I feel your pain and atleast you have a twin. Unfortunately mine was due to self stupidity and trying to 1 on 1 a disassembled fence.

Only for the shifted headlight I don't think I'd even personally bother with it.

I came to the conclusion with my fck up that the cost to fix outweighs the fact that it's just a plastic bumper that's eventually going to get dinged up by road debris anyways. Still sucks.

2024 Tacoma My truck got backed into in Mexico 20240404_193829
Sponsored