First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the 4G Tacoma forums and want to showcase our new 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the 2024+ Tacoma (No drilling required). We also have systems available for all Tacoma’s back to 1995.

Features include:
- Bolt-In installation with no drilling required (takes less than 10 minutes)
- Black powder coated mounting hardware
- 4 year warranty (QuickLIFT PLUS system with Black gas springs/struts)
- 5 year warranty (QuickLIFT ELITE system with Stainless Steel gas springs/struts)
- Made in the USA

2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! bAzD38s

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/2024-Toyota-Tacoma-Hood-QuickLIFT-PLUS-p/21-27022-02.htm

2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! mldzina

QuickLIFT Carbon :
Real Carbon fiber sleeves that can be added to our PLUS system as an option.

2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! PYA9BEK

2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! bMMZfUN

2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! W6OF6kF

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/2024-Toyota-Tacoma-Hood-QuickLIFT-ELITE-p/21-27022-03.htm

Both the PLUS and ELITE system function identically it's just personal preference on the finish of the gas springs.

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all Tacoma Hood QuickLIFT systems using coupon code "Tacoma4G" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I like yours vs what Rough Country is currently offering. I'll check them out when I return from vacation. Thanks for sharing!

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Just ordered a set to Canada. Don’t have my truck yet (in a week I hope) but didn’t want to have them sell out and be on back order.

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
Just ordered a set to Canada. Don’t have my truck yet (in a week I hope) but didn’t want to have them sell out and be on back order.
ordering parts before you have your truck. I like your style 🤝

Sponsored

T.C.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited
I’m curious, would adding these hood struts help prevent the hoods from rattling?
Not likely. The only location it might increase rigidity, the hinges are already doing. I have some weatherstrip ordered that I'm going to try between the hood and the plastic piece across the back. It's possible that closing that gap could help but that's just a hunch more than anything.

T.C.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited
I like this version a lot, especially not needing to drill anything like the RC version. There is one thing causing me to pause about these, though. The attachment point to the hood is so far back that it must require a decent amount of force to hold up the hood causing an equally decent amount of force to pull it down. With the pivot point so far back combined with the force to pull down, I would wonder about potential buckling in the future. I've seen it before when these types of aftermarket struts came out. That said, things have changed a lot since then with lighter hoods needing less force than they would have in past years. All of that has probably been solved by now, but my mind can't help but go straight to "what if" sometimes. Experience, no matter how outdated, can't just be thrown out without at least some consideration when thinking about a brand new product. I can be very gentle with it but I do not trust the maintenance monkeys to do the same.

Last edited:

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Installed the Redline hood struts. 10 min. These folks may do the best instructions in the industry. Not that it is tough but seriously a completely incapable wrench could do this with their instructions.
2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! IMG_8581
2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! IMG_8582

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco
I like this version a lot, especially not needing to drill anything like the RC version. There is one thing causing me to pause about these, though. The attachment point to the hood is so far back that it must require a decent amount of force to hold up the hood causing an equally decent amount of force to pull it down. With the pivot point so far back combined with the force to pull down, I would wonder about potential buckling in the future. I've seen it before when these types of aftermarket struts came out. That said, things have changed a lot since then with lighter hoods needing less force than they would have in past years. All of that has probably been solved by now, but my mind can't help but go straight to "what if" sometimes. Experience, no matter how outdated, can't just be thrown out without at least some consideration when thinking about a brand new product. I can be very gentle with it but I do not trust the maintenance monkeys to do three same.
Valid questions. We have been designing and manufacturing Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 22 years, so we have some experience. Our system does not put any undo stress on the hood causing any potential buckling. If you look at the current Tundra, the OEM hood strut geometry is VERY similar to ours. :like:
2024 Tacoma New Release: Redline Tuning Hood Struts for 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen – 10 minute Bolt-In installation! Tundra

Sponsored

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I’m curious, would adding these hood struts help prevent the hoods from rattling?
I asked the same in another Post as many were talking about hood shake. I have the RC struts on and have zero hood shake so not sure if the pressure from the struts help to stabilize

tkrum015

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Redline , Will the hood attachment also work with ditch light brackets attached to the same hood bolts?

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco
Redline , Will the hood attachment also work with ditch light brackets attached to the same hood bolts?
Yes, our hood brackets will also work with ditch light brackets. My only concern would be the thread engagement of the OEM hood bolt. It depends on how thick the metal is on the ditch light bracket. You could always go to the hardware store and buy a bolt with the same thread pitch as OEM bolt, just longer to insure proper thread engagement with the hood insert.

airxmarshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Ordered a set yesterday in hopes that it will help my trailhunter out of the QC hold 🤣
Sponsored