Sponsored

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I watched a video last night of a guy lightly off roading his truck, and his trans was overheating. I'm convinced that there's something wrong with his truck, because I've wheeled mine harder than that, and other YouTubers have as well, without the trans getting hot.

You may have to go onto YouTube to watch it.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I watched a video last night of a guy lightly off roading his truck, and his trans was overheating. I'm convinced that there's something wrong with his truck, because I've wheeled mine harder than that, and other YouTubers have as well, without the trans getting hot.

He was in 4HI in a situation he definitely should have been in 4LO. He even said that as soon as he went to 4LO, the temp came down and he had no further issues. Gotta keep in mind these have a lot more torque than the old motors which puts a lot more stress on the trans.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma Off-road

This is off topic to the towing video, don’t cha think?

OP
OP
JakeJoeBob

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
This is off topic to the towing video, don’t cha think?
It's been a few days since I watched it but I believe it gets mentioned in the towing video. I'm in the camp that their is an issue with his truck. No reasson it should have overheated there, even in 4hi.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma Off-road
It's been a few days since I watched it but I believe it gets mentioned in the towing video. I'm in the camp that their is an issue with his truck. No reasson it should have overheated there, even in 4hi.
Rock climbing in dirt and towing are not related.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JakeJoeBob

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Rock climbing in dirt and towing are not related.
It gets mentioned in towing video that the transmission temperature was not an issue, the gentlemen who made the video mentioned that some people were having problems with overheating trasmissions when offroading and such. So someone linked that video. I was just explaining to you why it was brought up in the thread.