NYTop Axle Dump Exaust Installed

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Hi everybody. I installed my axle dump exhaust today getting rid of the tailpipe and resonator. It wasn’t too bad after I figured out that I needed to use a jack to lift up the frame in the back to make room between the suspension and the axle if you don’t do that, you’re never getting the old one out without cutting it up. I wanted to keep mine intact in case I don’t like it or when I sell it. Sounds a little throatier too. Don’t get the problem impression, it’s still sounds like crap.💩😀. I am glad to be rid of that nasty looking tailpipe.
2024 Tacoma NYTop Axle Dump Exaust Installed IMG_1046
2024 Tacoma NYTop Axle Dump Exaust Installed IMG_1048
2024 Tacoma NYTop Axle Dump Exaust Installed IMG_1047
Sponsored

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I don't find my stock exhaust to be bad looking. I also find that tip extremely over priced.

Richard
To each his own I guess. I hated mine. NYtop is expensive, but it will outlast the truck

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Pre-Runner
Hi everybody. I installed my axle dump exhaust today getting rid of the tailpipe and resonator. It wasn’t too bad after I figured out that I needed to use a jack to lift up the frame in the back to make room between the suspension and the axle if you don’t do that, you’re never getting the old one out without cutting it up. I wanted to keep mine intact in case I don’t like it or when I sell it. Sounds a little throatier too. Don’t get the problem impression, it’s still sounds like crap.💩😀. I am glad to be rid of that nasty looking tailpipe.
IMG_1046.jpeg
IMG_1048.jpeg
IMG_1047.jpeg
What's the make and model of that camper shell?

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Do you find any exhaust fumes making their way into the cab with the new location?

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Do you find any exhaust fumes making their way into the cab with the new location?
So far, no. I’m assuming since the Trailhunter comes this way that the truck was somehow designed for that to work out OK. I even have a cap on the back of my truck and after driving for a while I stopped and checked, and there was no exhaust fumes in there either.

Old Man

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Just passing along a little info on the Taco’s ingenious low hanging rock scratching tail pipe… There is an option and it looks great, costs $.00 and takes all of about 3 minutes. Just cut the tail pipe 5 inches from the back side of the resonator. Done, done, done…
2024 Tacoma NYTop Axle Dump Exaust Installed 9
2024 Tacoma NYTop Axle Dump Exaust Installed 8
Sponsored