Sandytntn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 2024
No, it’s the right cover but it wasn’t in the catalog in their system

I ordered from my local dealer in Las Vegas and it was sent from Arizona. I was also looking at the Bakflip MX4 but they pushed back the production until May 15th.
I ordered the BakFlip MX4 from TonneauCovered.com. Price was $1059.00 all included tax and shipping. However, back ordered so still waiting on it.
Sponsored

Sidrta

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I just received an email from TonneauCovered.com that my BakFlip MX4 for the 5' bed is shipping today. So, it looks like the long wait is almost over. Can't wait for it to arrive and get it installed.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I just got my shipping email as well from RealTruck.com on my Bakflip MX4 as well. Looks like their distributors are getting them their products.

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
I just received an email from TonneauCovered.com that my BakFlip MX4 for the 5' bed is shipping today. So, it looks like the long wait is almost over. Can't wait for it to arrive and get it installed.
How long ago did you order... I've been looking since April for someone that ships to Alaska and doesn't charge $500 bucks...
Tonneaucovered is charging me only $83 shipping so I orderd on Saturday hopefully I'll get one coming soon

Sidrta

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
How long ago did you order... I've been looking since April for someone that ships to Alaska and doesn't charge $500 bucks...
Tonneaucovered is charging me only $83 shipping so I orderd on Saturday hopefully I'll get one coming soon
Looks like I am going to have an extra one. I ordered from two different places to try to get the earliest delivery. Who thought they would ship on the same day.

So, if you or anyone else would like to purchase, let me know. I paid $1,109. I would sell for that amount and purchaseor pays shipping.

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
So, if you or anyone else would like to purchase, let me know. I paid $1,109. I would sell for that amount and purchaseor pays shipping.
Can you confirm that a bed extender works with it? If so, I'd be interested.

Sidrta

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I assume so, but not having one I can't say. Perhaps calling manufacturer to get answer.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Yeah, I'm looking for someone who has both and can confirm. I'm not taking a chance on spending that kind of money and it not fitting, especially since a lot of this stuff is on backorder and tough to order. I'm sure it will be tougher to return. Thanks though.

Stlman37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
Created an account just to let everyone know of my experiences with the new MX4 from Bak.
Received It earlier today and noticed that the instructions in the box were for model years 16-23. So I had to call and got them to email over the 24 instructions which are just slightly different.
As pointed out earlier, the factory bed rails are to be left in place and this is what the cover rails mount to. Little bit of difficulty with getting the rails in the correct spot, but the real trouble is that now there is hardly any support vertically and the bed cover rails bend a ton. Tried many different mounting positions but all are coming up the same. There just wasn’t enough sturdiness with this new design to close the cover and get it to latch all the way. I’ll be returning it tomorrow to go with another cover.

Have always had good luck with the MX4s on other trucks but this is a huge let down. Hope everyone has better luck!

Sponsored

Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Created an account just to let everyone know of my experiences with the new MX4 from Bak.
Received It earlier today and noticed that the instructions in the box were for model years 16-23. So I had to call and got them to email over the 24 instructions which are just slightly different.
As pointed out earlier, the factory bed rails are to be left in place and this is what the cover rails mount to. Little bit of difficulty with getting the rails in the correct spot, but the real trouble is that now there is hardly any support vertically and the bed cover rails bend a ton. Tried many different mounting positions but all are coming up the same. There just wasn’t enough sturdiness with this new design to close the cover and get it to latch all the way. I’ll be returning it tomorrow to go with another cover.

Have always had good luck with the MX4s on other trucks but this is a huge let down. Hope everyone has better luck!
Dang that sucks, what tonneau cover you going to get?

Stlman37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
Dang that sucks, what tonneau cover you going to get?
Honestly probably the OEM hard cover. The new system of using the bed rails as mounts on the MX4 seems way more flimsy than the older method I’ve installed a few times before. Hopefully it works better for others.

Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
That’s what I heard the OEM are good, and some people say it’s bad. I guess it depends on the person! Have you hear anything good about the rough country ones?

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Honestly probably the OEM hard cover. The new system of using the bed rails as mounts on the MX4 seems way more flimsy than the older method I’ve installed a few times before. Hopefully it works better for others.
For what it's worth, here's the install for a tundra w/the new mounting system:

I'd imagine the tacoma is very similar. I get my Bakflip MX4 today. I'll post an update to see whether I have the same issues.
Sponsored