Definitely not compatible with at least the OEM tonneau
Sponsored

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Definitely not compatible with at least the OEM tonneau
I agree. I'm ocd enough to want to measure thus Trailhunter bed length and width against a regular off road or Sport. My gut says they are the same, but blazing new ground with the Trailhunter trim, I wantcto be sure before dropping $$ on the tonneau cover.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
For those of you that have installed the oem tonneau cover, do your trucks have the bed rail on the front of the bed? Does it just stay as installed or does it move down too?

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma 20240621_124542

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
For those of you that have installed the oem tonneau cover, do your trucks have the bed rail on the front of the bed? Does it just stay as installed or does it move down too?

20240621_124542.jpg
Front rail stays where it's at. The side rails are relocated down about an inch with the rails/brackets for the cover.

Sponsored

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Front rail stays where it's at. The side rails are relocated down about an inch with the rails/brackets for the cover.
Perfect. Thanks on bot the front rail info and the video!

Last edited:

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Since the oem is supposed to be the bakflip mx4, I found these installation instructions here:
https://shop.tonneaucovered.com/bakflip-mx4-install/

EDIT - these instructions do not appear to address the 2024!!!!!

There's one with the basic instructions and an addendum for the Tacoma. I haven't read thru them yet, but do have the oem cover on order. I removed the Trailhunter ARB bar this morning.

If anyone that's already installed the oem cover wants to take a glance and report back, that would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Ok, picked up my oem tonneau cover and I do have the oem instructions! My local dealer had no issues printing a. Ooy. Glad to scan them. If I can upload a pdf file here, I'll do so after I've installed mine today.

Installation was very easy.
2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma 20240625_132114

Last edited:

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Question for those of you that have installed a cover. How, if at all, are you protecting the cover drain tubes? Do you just let them droop, do you secure them as out of the way to the holes with something, or perhaps enclose them in something to provide a little protection? I've got enough leftover wiring loom that would provide at least some protection to put around the tubes.

Sponsored

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Just for clarification, the prop bars look a bit different than the BAKFLIP MX4. They resemble the Lomax Stance a bit more, in my opinion. Not super important but something I thought somebody might be considering if they are looking for other bed covers.

Also,
I was emailed the new installation manual for the BAKFLIP MX4 and it looks like there will be no removal of the OEM rails. The new lock clamps go directly on the rail according to the install manual. Mine should ship by 7/12 so I'll let everyone know if it was that simple.

Attachments

BrisketTacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacom
I looking at conicelli.com for the Pt954-35240 bed cover, which has it at $982.35 + SHIPPING. Has anyone heard of that site and know if they're legit? Only other place someone recommended was autoparts.tustin.toyota.com oem parts at slight discounts. The cover at that site is $1017.75 +SHIPPING.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Ok, pics of how the Trailhunter ARB bar bolts into the factory rails. I'm inclined to just remove the bar in favor of the oem tonneau cover. The one thing, and only thing I think Toyota overlooked for offroaders was secure storage for camping gear. Anything now available means removal of the ARB bar.
20240621_124542.jpg
20240621_124527.jpg
The decked system may solve the storage problem. Not sure how it would fit with the compressor.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
The decked system may solve the storage problem. Not sure how it would fit with the compressor.
Thought about that briefly, but have gone with the tonneau cover a d sold the bar.

BrisketTacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacom
Ok, picked up my oem tonneau cover and I do have the oem instructions! My local dealer had no issues printing a. Ooy. Glad to scan them. If I can upload a pdf file here, I'll do so after I've installed mine today.

Installation was very easy.
20240625_132114.jpg
Ordered mine today for $982.35 + shipping on the conicelli site. https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshohocken.com/
July 11 estimated delivery date. shall see how it goes. I got the ceramic wax on the truck, weather tech sun shade now..bed cover. all i need is the good tint. basic stuff almost cover before the "fun accessories"
Sponsored