Sponsored

Nnatedo

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
So far pleased with space it takes up, do like better than the folding options...
2024-05-2208.43.161608118790229772217.jpg
Can you provide the measurement of the limited height where the roll part is? I’m curious on picking one up but I have a water tank that sits in the back that’s about 1 foot tall.
Sponsored

WaitingToo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Apologies cannot provide exact measurement at the moment as it is packed for road trip starting tomorrow. I can say as part of packing fit a medium-sized tote up against back under the cover deck.

tomvb1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Same here!
webshot, TRD_Rob - Did you happen to order from RealTruck? I ordered mine almost two weeks ago but support can't give a date yet for when they'll ship. Starting to wonder if orders talk to manufacturing given it's all part of the same company.

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
webshot, TRD_Rob - Did you happen to order from RealTruck? I ordered mine almost two weeks ago but support can't give a date yet for when they'll ship. Starting to wonder if orders talk to manufacturing given it's all part of the same company.
got mine from Toyota

FirstTaco

First Name
Osaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that the OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 fits nicely on the 2024 Tacoma.

If your dealer says it’s not on the catalog and they’re not sure if it will fit on the 2024, I’m here to let you guys know it does. Same thing happened to me and the parts guy didn’t want to order it for me at first but I assured him that I would take full responsibility if it didn’t fit which I knew it would because of the post that was made here with the Hawaii region getting them in and installing them.

After I placed the order, I got it the next day as they had it in stock in the next state over. As of now they don’t have the instruction manual but it’s pretty straight forward and I used the 2022+ Tundra installation instructions for reference. It’s very similar to the Bakflip MX4 and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same cover with Toyota branding. Hope this helps anyone!

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

img_2507-jpeg.jpg

img_2506-jpeg.jpg
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that the OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 fits nicely on the 2024 Tacoma.

If your dealer says it’s not on the catalog and they’re not sure if it will fit on the 2024, I’m here to let you guys know it does. Same thing happened to me and the parts guy didn’t want to order it for me at first but I assured him that I would take full responsibility if it didn’t fit which I knew it would because of the post that was made here with the Hawaii region getting them in and installing them.

After I placed the order, I got it the next day as they had it in stock in the next state over. As of now they don’t have the instruction manual but it’s pretty straight forward and I used the 2022+ Tundra installation instructions for reference. It’s very similar to the Bakflip MX4 and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same cover with Toyota branding. Hope this helps anyone!

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

img_2507-jpeg.jpg

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

img_2507-jpeg.jpg

img_2506-jpeg.jpg
I bought the cover but it's missing the installation instruction. Do you have the installation instruction?

Sponsored

FirstTaco

First Name
Osaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the OEM Tri-fold cover yesterday but it's missing the installation instruction. Any help would be much appreciated.

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I originally ordered a cover from YotaGarage. The manufacturer was dragging it's feet so I cancelled the order, then ordered an OEM cover online from a local Toyota Dealer. It was shipped to my house within a few days.

tomvb1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I originally ordered a cover from YotaGarage. The manufacturer was dragging it's feet so I cancelled the order, then ordered an OEM cover online from a local Toyota Dealer. It was shipped to my house within a few days.
Thanks webshot - same experience with RealTruck/BAK Industries I'm having. Lack of any info on if it's in manufacturing, in inventory, in pre-order or what. I noticed it isn't available on Amazon yet which should have been my first clue fulfillment would be delayed since they enforce shipping predictability.

I may need to do the same as you did.

OP
OP
Everything TRD

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I bought the OEM Tri-fold cover yesterday but it's missing the installation instruction. Any help would be much appreciated.
I looked up the OEM 2022+ tundra installation instructions and used that. It’s identical except the different hardware that attaches the cover closest to the rear window side. There’s a large blue sticker underneath the cover itself that tells you the order of the hardware.

Dankoma

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
Thanks webshot - same experience with RealTruck/BAK Industries I'm having. Lack of any info on if it's in manufacturing, in inventory, in pre-order or what. I noticed it isn't available on Amazon yet which should have been my first clue fulfillment would be delayed since they enforce shipping predictability.

Same, cancelled my order and pulled the trigger on a Diamondback instead. If I am gonna wait forever it's gonna be worth it.

Sponsored

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited

I have ZERO complaints with the OEM cover. I'm very happy with it.

tomvb1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
webshot - thanks, that's good to hear. Especially if the OEM is the BAKflip MX4.

I did get an order update today that they expect to fulfill my MX4 order on or before 7/3. Hopefully that means it's delivered somewhere around mid-July, maybe sooner. I'm guessing BAK is either ramping up manufacturing now or allocating more for retail customers.

Much longer than I wanted to wait, but I think it will be worth it.

Last edited:

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Proud new owner of the Trailhunter. One of the first as far as I gather from feedback. I want the OEM trifold to secure my camping gear. The Trailhunter comes standard with the ARB sport bar. It secures to the factory side and front rails with 12 bolts. Everything I see and read tells me that the bar will need to come off to install this tonneau cover. This is the most comprehensive thread on the cover to date. Kudos to the OP of the thread. Can you confirm my thoughts? While I like the looks of the ARB bar (wife hates it), I don't mind losing it for the cover.

vfracer

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Proud new owner of the Trailhunter. One of the first as far as I gather from feedback. I want the OEM trifold to secure my camping gear. The Trailhunter comes standard with the ARB sport bar. It secures to the factory side and front rails with 12 bolts. Everything I see and read tells me that the bar will need to come off to install this tonneau cover. This is the most comprehensive thread on the cover to date. Kudos to the OP of the thread. Can you confirm my thoughts? While I like the looks of the ARB bar (wife hates it), I don't mind losing it for the cover.
Some pics would be helpful. I saw your other post (Congrats!) but I am unfamiliar with the sport bar. I have the long bed factory folding bed cover. The side bed rails need to be moved down about 1" and are secured by brackets, which mount to the original rail holes. The front rail has to be repositioned too but just for clearance. Not knowing how the sport bar mounts, I am assuming this is a deal breaker.

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma unnamed

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Ok, pics of how the Trailhunter ARB bar bolts into the factory rails. I'm inclined to just remove the bar in favor of the oem tonneau cover. The one thing, and only thing I think Toyota overlooked for offroaders was secure storage for camping gear. Anything now available means removal of the ARB bar.
2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma 20240621_124542
2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma 20240621_124527
Sponsored