Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH

Is there any potential to tune the hybrid systems on these? I would love it if eco mode would actually do something.
Eco mode seems to be expressed through the computer’s adjustments in adaptive cruise is what I’ve learned. It is marginal. Truck reaches speed limit at the blink of an eye with a soft accelerator touch

Dawn patrol 5am, almost no traffic identical drives different modes they glean some differentiation. But not much (to-date with 1,000 mi on my odometer)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JustDSM

JustDSM

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Justin, I have a couple questions for you.
I had the OTT Tune on my 2023 3rd Gen. During my ownership of it, the dealer had my Truck 2 times for service. One of those visits addressed a transmission issue. One of their steps was to validate the latest code. In my case, the Toyota dealership could not detect the OTT tune and they thought it was Toyota's latest.

Also, on my 3rd Gen, the “ECT Switch” was programmed for an additional tune. In my case, I had the default as the Mild tune. A flip of the “ECT Switch” and now the tune was Spicy.

Question 1
Can the Toyota dealership detect If a 4th Gen has been reprogrammed with OTT tune? Should I expect the same experience at the dealership as I did with my 3rd Gen?

Question 2
My 4th Gen is a limited model. The limited has 5 different drive modes from ECO, Comfort, Normal, Sport and Sport plus. Will OTT utilizes this “Drive Mode Switch” and program your tunes to these 5 switch positions?

Thanks - Mike
Mike,

Thanks for the support on the 3G! Our flashing method/protocols for the 4G will not trigger or report an RoB event, which we specifically wanted to validate. There is no "record" or stored data reporting that the ECU has been flashed, so nothing would indicate to a dealer technician that your truck has been flashed, just as it was the case with your 3G.

The drive modes are retained in our development calibration; however, they retain their original function at this time. We've focused our efforts on generating a meaningful increase in output safely as our first order of business.

How different drive modes will be remapped will have to be a conversation for a later date. I'm unable to share details on how they'll be mapped going forward. What I can say, though, is that you will certainly NOT lose their functionality. I hope that helps in the meantime!

OP
OP
JustDSM

JustDSM

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad
The OTT tune on my Fj Cruiser made such a huge difference. Curious to hear what people think of these tunes. This applied to a hybrid will get over 500lb-ft of torque no doubt. Pretty nuts!

Is there any potential to tune the hybrid systems on these? I would love it if eco mode would actually do something.
Tyler,

Thanks so much for the support and kind words! I'm just as excited as anyone to get this out to the 4G community. I promise to keep everyone posted the moment we're ready to go live!

We still have a lot of R&D to do on the hybrid integration and controls. These are new-generation ECUs using much more complex code than the previous 3G Tacoma, so there are still a few "unknowns" at the moment. Many of those unknowns center around what exactly we'll be able to do with the hybrid system—unfortunately, more to come on this one.
Sponsored