Sponsored

Paint imperfections- orange peel finish

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
It was disappointing to see a too thick and wrinkled over spray spot at edge of a door, but the purchase was end of almost 2 years of on and off vehicle shopping and trials where poor paint quality seemed common across makers and models compared to our other 3 vehicles from model years '11 through '20. Our made in Mexico VW with opaque white paint same as the Tacoma is better.

While disappointing, I'm not sure about making a warranty claim because my long-running experience (I'm a senior citizen) is original paint is best for durability.

Another factor is I didn't buy a pavement pansy or alter ego mechanism. I got a vehicle that is equal parts work tool and transportation. My scenario won't be purposely abusive or off roading as a hobby but will surely add some scratches and signs of use. If anything the bad paint spot just makes me hope worse matters are not hidden.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Those first three words is all I need to know.
Yep - that is about as far from the truth as you can get.

I have watched other new generations of Tacoma arrive labeled as all new when they obviously were not. Absolutely everything about the 4th gen is new: from the frame to the suspension, from the engine to the transmission, from the interior to every body panel, from the tech to the driving position. Toyota completely reimagined the Tacoma and yet kept it the truck that most of us love. It would be crazy to expect a total reengineering of this truck without a significant increase in price.

To say they are at all similar reflects either a bias against the Tacoma or the ignorance of the observer.