Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Nice. My TRD OR in underground is still on order. Should be here in the next month or so. It's coming with the $89 black emblem overlay package but will the front grill logo be silver or black. I've seen some chrome and some black. I didn't see a $349 black out package as an option on Toyota's configuration tool, what does that give you over the $89 package I got? Just curious. I'm sure it will look awesome either way.
The blackout package on my Limited was broken into two parts:
"Blackout package" $89 = front emblem + side scripts (the "Limited" lettering)... Dealer and I didn't know if it would include the tailgate letters or handles or mirror backs - Toyota's spec didn't say.

When the truck hit the dealer, confirmed handles, mirrors, and tailgate insert were still chrome.
Another $89 (well $159 for them to pull the chrome inlays and install the black ones).

Also had them change out the side mirror backs to color matched while at it.

Did I pay about $150 in labor charges for these changes? Yes, but no regrets l, as that is now the status and configuration of the "delivered" truck on my invoice.

Just wish "blackout" meant blackout and de-chromed everything like their nightshade variants
Sponsored