Sponsored

Pretty sure my transmission is on its way out.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Maybe so.. but it’s the only symptom.

Should I ask the dealer to flush the transmission?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5

I don’t know but that’s how it starts… I thought the same thing. Who the hell knows what the answer is at this point

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z

Most people are saying the best course of action right now is to not even mention the TSB or anything, just to go in and let them know you're experiencing some strange transmission behavior, and have them "look at it" or try and replicate the issue. It'll be logged/recorded, and the more issues that are logged might expedite more action.

It sucks having to potentially drive it until it fails but that's where we're at right now unfortunately

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Most people are saying the best course of action right now is to not even mention the TSB or anything, just to go in and let them know you're experiencing some strange transmission behavior, and have them "look at it" or try and replicate the issue. It'll be logged/recorded, and the more issues that are logged might expedite more action
I’ll do that when I change the oil for break-in at around 2,000 miles. That way I’ll have a record of it on file. I won’t push it too hard and let it play out. I’ve got the extra care warranty out to 125K miles.

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
I’ll do that when I change the oil for break-in at around 2,000 miles. That way I’ll have a record of it on file. I won’t push it too hard and let it play out. I’ve got the extra care warranty out to 125K miles.
I think we'll all be taken care of in the long run, it sucks its showing it's ugly face at random, the issue I believe is still in quite it's infancy stage and I bet they're still trying to sort everything out that's why for right now the TSB basically says no f'ing around just replace any that fail.

A transmission flush could help but if there's already debris circulation through the system it's only a matter of time before something ultimately gets jammed up lol
Sponsored