Sponsored

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Looks good! I’m trying to decide if I want to get one. I’ve been looking at the prinsu and wescott.

OP
OP
n118nw

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
Looks good! I’m trying to decide if I want to get one. I’ve been looking at the prinsu and wescott.
It took me a while to decide, I like some features of the wescott one, like how they have a cutout of a Tacoma on their logo plate/bottle opener thing; but from the pictures it doesn't look like they have any way to slide bots/nuts into the channels like Prinsu does so if you need to mount anything, you always have to remove the bars and that's what made me chose Prinsu over Wescott. Nothing a mill can't fix if you have one.

I didn't see it on Prinsu's website but the width on the Prinsu Classic is 48.5"

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Have you done any comparison with and without with regards to MPG? I'm also looking at a roof rack but mileage is a slight concern. Not sure if its enough to deter me, but I'm curious. Thx.

Sponsored

OP
OP
n118nw

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
Have you done any comparison with and without with regards to MPG? I'm also looking at a roof rack but mileage is a slight concern. Not sure if its enough to deter me, but I'm curious. Thx.
It went down by about 2 mpg.. I now average about 20ish on my mostly highway commute.

How’s the wind noise?
Tolerable

Tristan2020

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sr5
Classic rack, not the far more expensive pro

441587786_10160956733760862_1272175544196463943_n.jpg

441928132_10160956733745862_8735175450446067403_n.jpg
I just installed mine, had an issue with the aluminum spacers. They provided me with two sizes (3/8” and 5/8”), but the hardware wasn’t long enough to thread into holes in the roof.

how did you place the spacers when you installed? Short in front, long in back? Or vice versa? Did you run into the same issue?

wondering if I’m missing, or if they sent the wrong hardware.

For reference, Prinsu original rack on a 2024 sr5 4 door. The instructions they provided were for the Pro version, I wonder if the mounting bracket are slightly different??

OP
OP
n118nw

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
I just installed mine, had an issue with the aluminum spacers. They provided me with two sizes (3/8” and 5/8”), but the hardware wasn’t long enough to thread into holes in the roof.

how did you place the spacers when you installed? Short in front, long in back? Or vice versa? Did you run into the same issue?

wondering if I’m missing, or if they sent the wrong hardware.

For reference, Prinsu original rack on a 2024 sr5 4 door. The instructions they provided were for the Pro version, I wonder if the mounting bracket are slightly different??
I ran into the same issue and even sent them an email about it but they never responded or even acknowledged it. The simple fix would have been to include longer bolts for the rear; but I ended up getting enough weight on the rear of the rack to push it down just enough to where I could thread 1 bolt, and then after tightening it a bit I was able to thread the other. IIRC the longer spacer does go in the rear but I could be wrong--it's which ever spacer gives you the same amount of gap as in the front; neither foot should be touching the body.

Tristan2020

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sr5
I ran into the same issue and even sent them an email about it but they never responded or even acknowledged it. The simple fix would have been to include longer bolts for the rear; but I ended up getting enough weight on the rear of the rack to push it down just enough to where I could thread 1 bolt, and then after tightening it a bit I was able to thread the other. IIRC the longer spacer does go in the rear but I could be wrong--it's which ever spacer gives you the same amount of gap as in the front; neither foot should be touching the body.
yeah that’s more or less the same technique I used to get it mounted.

for what it’s worth, I emailed them too and they eventually replied. They said the longer spacers go in the back.

would have been nice if they could have included instructions that were a bit more clear. Aside from that, I’m loving the rack so far!
Sponsored