Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH

The Trailhunter’s RTI score of 532 is higher than the 24’ PRO (520 - also excellent) and also higher than the shorter wheelbased 2023 PRO (503) as well. I’ve been waiting for someone to do this test and I’m quite pleased with that figure. Considering the long wheelbase, that’s good flex.

Pretty much the number 1 pickup with IFS for flex. Go TH!

2024 Tacoma RTI Score of 532 (in suspension / axle flex test) for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter - very respectable IMG_5384
Sponsored

Last edited:

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Wow. The TRD Pro wheels + identical tire weigh more than the THs!? Is that right! WTF I thought the pro was a leaner kit?. Wow. Also the exhaust dump is a bit of a rouse: the Pro should technically have greater clearance right? I own a TH, the plate protection I thought* was steel but this guy thinks it’s aluminum?? I have that extended tab on my TH, need to re-watch that…

Side note: this plate protection stuff is fine & good but 2/3 of the vehicle’s belly is ripe for destruction if you need to rock slide over shit. The gas tank and muffler are gonna get nuked if you don’t know how to crawl. Watch XOverlands vid w/Sheldon. He was cool for the loose dirt descent part but the concrete jumbalaya obstacle course you could tell he was like, “should’ve plated the entire damn thing for the knuckleheads..” lol

EDIT: bro is also not totally right about the hydraulic bump stops: my Trailhunter has the Fox hydraulic stops like the Pro!

2024 Tacoma RTI Score of 532 (in suspension / axle flex test) for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter - very respectable IMG_6528

Last edited:
OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Wow. The TRD Pro wheels + identical tire weigh more than the THs!? Is that right! WTF I thought the pro was a leaner ki?. Wow. Also the exhaust dump is a bit of a rouse: the Pro should technically have greater clearance right? I own a TH, the plate protection I thought* was steel but this guy thinks it’s aluminum?? I have that extended tab on my TH, need to re-watch that…

Side note: this plate protection stuff is fine & good but 2/3 of the vehicle’s belly is ripe for destruction if you need to side over shit. The gas tank and muffler are gonna get nuked if you don’t know how to crawl. Watch XOverlands vid w-Sheldon. He was cool for the loose dirt descent part but the concrete jumbalaya obstacle course you could tell he was like, “should’ve plated the entire damn thing..” lol
Why would the pro have more ground clearance other than the skid protection? The body armor is def high tensile strength steel on the TH.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Why would the pro have more ground clearance other than the skid protection? The body armor is def high tensile strength steel on the TH.
don’t ask me man, ask the YouTubers and review sites who were claiming it had a touch more clearance. Maybe because of sprung weight, IDK. Read it more than once but hell, was convinced the TH wheels weighed more than the PRO wheel and that looks clearly incorrect too..

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
don’t ask me man, ask the YouTubers and review sites who were claiming it had a touch more clearance. Maybe because of unsprung weight, IDK. Read it more than once but hell, was convinced the TH wheels weighed more than the PRO wheel and that looks clearly incorrect too..
I think it’s a half inch attributable entirely to the skid plates - but maybe you’re right - it would be the sprung weight if anything.. but I’m not convinced at all that the PRO is taller. Edit - the tech specs show pro as 75.8” tall overall and TH as 75.5”-75.8” ..🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Either way, this video saved me a lot of time & money pursuing a different rim. Had no idea my stock wheel was superior. It’s negligible, ~$50/year in gas, but still..
The TRD Pro unit and Trailhunter units are either the same team or fiercely competing for job security.

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Either way, this video saved me a lot of time & money pursuing a different rim.
The TRD Pro unit and Trailhunter units are either the same team or fiercely competing for job security.
Same truck except seats, snorkel, suspension, fender flares (matte/gloss), rock rails and air pump

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Just to clarify,, TH does not include Fox bumpstops.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Wow. The TRD Pro wheels + identical tire weigh more than the THs!? Is that right! WTF I thought the pro was a leaner kit?. Wow. Also the exhaust dump is a bit of a rouse: the Pro should technically have greater clearance right? I own a TH, the plate protection I thought* was steel but this guy thinks it’s aluminum?? I have that extended tab on my TH, need to re-watch that…

Side note: this plate protection stuff is fine & good but 2/3 of the vehicle’s belly is ripe for destruction if you need to rock slide over shit. The gas tank and muffler are gonna get nuked if you don’t know how to crawl. Watch XOverlands vid w/Sheldon. He was cool for the loose dirt descent part but the concrete jumbalaya obstacle course you could tell he was like, “should’ve plated the entire damn thing for the knuckleheads..” lol

EDIT: bro is also not totally right about the hydraulic bump stops: my Trailhunter has the Fox hydraulic stops like the Pro!

IMG_6528.jpeg
These are the bump seats not the stops themselves - we can add them on the top side of the spring.