tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Not sure I'm going airbags... because the GFC will be on the bed fulltime and pending the finished weight of a modified DECKED 1/2 cargoglide I'm probably going to go with the 2722 or 2723 Old Man Emu coils eventually.

Gonna drive the stock coils for the winter see how it handles. I put ~450# on the bed for a week driving around town, not much sag, seemed to handle fine. I don't use any hitch racks, etc. So not a ton of weight at the rear. Pulling the rock sliders for the winter, possibly the front skids for composite / net-net constant accessory load will be almost identical vs what shipped from the factory
What tires you running bro? (I use “bro” semi-ironically.)

I almost went with decked to keep the sport bar. Let me know how it goes. I get my DB HD on Halloween. Pumped about it. Not pumped about removing the sport bar. It really grew on me as a cool 50% overlandy / 50% rednecky kind of flourish.
Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
What tires you running bro? (I use “bro” semi-ironically.)

I almost went with decked to keep the sport bar. Let me know how it goes. I get my DB HD on Halloween. Pumped about it. Not pumped about removing the sport bar. It really grew on me as a cool 50% overlandy / 50% rednecky kind of flourish.
I'm rocking the OE Wranglers still...damn near pulled the trigger on TRD Pro wheels & Nokian winter tires for seasonal swapping and then I saw this RTI score vid and the guy weighed each halo's wheel + tire. Kinda shocked being the TH is targeted as a HD overhanding wheel.

Now I'm debating simplifying things and just buying a deeper tread 3 peak snow rating / year round OR tire that can do some mild to moderate trail. Really want to maintain a low rolling resistance / efficiency & speed. A lot of highway miles to get to where I want to camp/mtn bike/surf/escape crowds. For now tho these R/Ts will do, heading to Canyonlands early Nov. if this weather holds...

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I'm rocking the OE Wranglers still...damn near pulled the trigger on TRD Pro wheels & Nokian winter tires for seasonal swapping and then I saw this RTI score vid and the guy weighed each halo's wheel + tire. Kinda shocked being the TH is targeted as a HD overhanding wheel.

Now I'm debating simplifying things and just buying a deeper tread 3 peak snow rating / year round OR tire that can do some mild to moderate trail. Really want to maintain a low rolling resistance / efficiency & speed. A lot of highway miles to get to where I want to camp/mtn bike/surf/escape crowds. For now tho these R/Ts will do, heading to Canyonlands early Nov. if this weather holds...
I’ve got zero snow needs in Texas but I want low rolling resistance and low rotational mass as well. I keep getting forced into the direction of Toyo ATIII 285/70/18s at 57lb because of their low weight but i hear their wet performance blows ass. My dream is that size in Falken at4 or ko3 in a lower load and weight but .. all the good tires are heavy as balls.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I’ve got zero snow needs in Texas but I want low rolling resistance and low rotational mass as well. I keep getting forced into the direction of Toyo ATIII 285/70/18s at 57lb because of their low weight but i hear their wet performance blows ass. My dream is that size in Falken at4 or ko3 in a lower load and weight but .. all the good tires are heavy as balls.
I was looking at the KO3s, I have the KO2s on my full-size truck, they last a long time. For my TH, I haven't ruled out 116 range like a BF Goodrich Trail Terrain T/A or a Nokian Outpost. Probably why I haven't had any urgency to swap out of these OE Wranglers or increase aspect yet. I'll need the spare to fit under the bed, I gotta to measure if there's space seeing how I have the long bed.

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I was looking at the KO3s, I have the KO2s on my full-size truck, they last a long time. For my TH, I haven't ruled out 116 range like a BF Goodrich Trail Terrain T/A or a Nokian Outpost. Probably why I haven't had any urgency to swap out of these OE Wranglers or increase aspect yet. I'll need the spare to fit under the bed, I gotta to measure if there's space seeing how I have the long bed.
Agreed - I’m also waiting to see if a manufacturer comes out with a lighter tire

Sponsored

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Holy shit those Nokians are light - are they any good ? Never heard of them.

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH

How?? That’s crazy light. I think I’m sold. Why does nobody talk about these???
2024 Tacoma RTI Score of 532 (in suspension / axle flex test) for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter - very respectable IMG_5435

Last edited:

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
they’re great in snow & water evacuation I know that much…Finnish company. How long do these lighter rubbers last? Great question, I’m willing to do beta on them with a Trailhunter!

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
they’re great in snow & water evacuation I know that much…Finnish company. How long do these lighter rubbers last? Great question, I’m willing to do beta on them with a Trailhunter!
Fuck I really don’t care. I change tires after like 35K tops. Weight and safety matter more to me. They don’t look super aggressive but they also don’t look bad. I’m going to call them to confirm weight numbers. 45lb is impossible for a 295/70/18 in E load.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I research into some Michelins too - while not the best looking tread - they’re a skosh heavier
Fuck I really don’t care. I change tires after like 35K tops. Weight and safety matter more to me. They don’t look super aggressive but they also don’t look bad. I’m going to call them to confirm weight numbers. 45lb is impossible for a 295/70/18 in E load.
Yea that looks light for the size quoted but they are light to begin with. The continentals are too

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I research into some Michelins too - while not the best looking tread - they’re a skosh heavier

Yea that looks light for the size quoted but they are light to begin with. The continentals are too
I may look at Nokian’s 275/70/18s as I don’t want to take off the crash pad. I don’t see a 285/70/18.
Sponsored