Sliding rear window disconnects Qi wireless charging

Tacomonkey

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD pro (soon)
I know it sounds crazy, but every single time I open the rear slider my wireless charging stops. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
That is strange as hell - I will have to see if my truck does that. What makes wireless charging come back on - closing the window?

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
As a software engineer, my guess would be some weird edge case in the software that never got tested. Kinda like the dissappearing TPMS.

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Weird part about the TPMS is now mine sticks every once in a while when I turn the truck off and then back on. Completely random

OP
OP
Tacomonkey

Tacomonkey

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD pro (soon)
That is strange as hell - I will have to see if my truck does that. What makes wireless charging come back on - closing the window?
When the wireless charging stops the phone wakes up, if I put it back to sleep the charging starts again.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I don't think it is software, I think these trucks are possessed by demons. lol

When I scanned my truck with my Carista I learned that it has 34 ECUs - now there is a recipe for disaster.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I don't think it is software, I think these trucks are possessed by demons. lol

When I scanned my truck with my Carista I learned that it has 34 ECUs - now there is a recipe for disaster.
I think the Carista scans a specific set of pre-programmed ECUs, cause mine scanned things I know for certain that I don't have.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Good point and now that you mention it, my Carista did scan some things that definitely are not present in my truck. So fewer than 34.

I know nothing about the electronic architecture of these beasts. Do you know if the various ECUs interact, perhaps via a CAN bus? Is there a master somewhere that tries to make everything play nice? Or is it just a free for all where they are all doing their own thing?

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Good point and now that you mention it, my Carista did scan some things that definitely are not present in my truck. So fewer than 34.

I know nothing about the electronic architecture of these beasts. Do you know if the various ECUs interact, perhaps via a CAN bus? Is there a master somewhere that tries to make everything play nice? Or is it just a free for all where they are all doing their own thing?
I don't have any direct experience with autos, but drawing from my experience in the aero industry, I would imagine that the ECUs are communicating via the CAN. That might be different busses, but I don't see how they wouldn't be talking to each other.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yeah - makes sense. I have software engineering experience in the aero industry as well and I assume the auto industry follows similar design patterns, but they keep that stuff pretty close.
Sponsored