Sponsored

So Cal Dealerships holding Trail Hunter

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
So I recently reached out to several Southern California Toyota dealerships in hopes of them accepting a $20k deposit on a new Trail Hunter. Its crazy to think none of them wanted my business. All of them are holding the trucks and adding $5k-$10k in dealer installed junk. Anyone know of any dealerships that are interested in selling a truck at MSRP, I don't need tint, catalytic convert etching, nitrogen air......why cant we order these direct from Toyota or custom order a truck in store???

07-02-2024
Toyota of Whitter
Hammer Toyota
Palace Toyota
Marina Del Ray Toyota
DCH Toyota
Envision Toyota of Norwalk
Moss Bros Toyota

Reached out to the following dealerships below. Sad to see these trucks sit on the lot.

07-03-2024
Toyota of Huntington Beach
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Welcome to the Toyota and their distributor network!

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
Because part of the fun of buying a Toyota is the adventure of figuring out how to buy one in the first place! :giggle: I'm kidding of course... Toyota's allocation system is the ultimate fail for potential buyers, and getting the exact vehicle that you want can be extremely frustrating unless you're really lucky or maybe have a million followers on social media. Every Toyota dealership in my region mark-up their Tacomas... every one of them.

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Because part of the fun of buying a Toyota is the adventure of figuring out how to buy one in the first place! :giggle: I'm kidding of course... Toyota's allocation system is the ultimate fail for potential buyers, and getting the exact vehicle that you want can be extremely frustrating unless you're really lucky or maybe have a million followers on social media. Every Toyota dealership in my region mark-up their Tacomas... every one of them.
No kidding looks like I'm going to be taking this issue to social media via Tiktok. Might just have to pay them all a visit in person and get them to turn me down for the sale of a truck ....lol wish me luck!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Itā€™s all about supply and demand. MSRP is suggested, dealers can do as they please for pricing.

The Ford Raptor has experienced this ADM phenomenon for many, many years.

Sponsored

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Longo Toyota wouldn't even take my name because their waitlist was 2 years long. They are one of the largest dealers in the country and a msrp dealer.

I can only suggest you 'build' what you want via Toyota's site and begin checking inventory at dealers daily. I had my search parameters at 250 miles. I found my Trailhunter 75 miles from home and negotiated msrp with no dealer added junk.

Good luck!!!

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
I I specifically wanted a somewhat rare Tacoma Sport 4x4 Longbed Premium package in Blue Crush, and had to ā€œexpand my search areaā€ quite a bit, but I did find one that wasnā€™t presold at 1k below msrp, and without all the added stuff I didnā€™t want šŸ¤—
2024 Tacoma So Cal Dealerships holding Trail Hunter IMG_0025

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Longo Toyota wouldn't even take my name because their waitlist was 2 years long. They are one of the largest dealers in the country and a msrp dealer.

I can only suggest you 'build' what you want via Toyota's site and begin checking inventory at dealers daily. I had my search parameters at 250 miles. I found my Trailhunter 75 miles from home and negotiated msrp with no dealer added junk.

Good luck!!!
I have a Trail Hunter 4Runner on hold (under #13 on wait list) at Longo Toyota that's going to be for me , the Tacoma was a upgrade for my wife. Was going to trade in her Highlander , she's been wanting a truck. Hopefully I can get her a Trail Hunter Taco if not may have to just wait until they sit on the lots for a while.

Irv310

First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD sport
Mi
So I recently reached out to several Southern California Toyota dealerships in hopes of them accepting a $20k deposit on a new Trail Hunter. Its crazy to think none of them wanted my business. All of them are holding the trucks and adding $5k-$10k in dealer installed junk. Anyone know of any dealerships that are interested in selling a truck at MSRP, I don't need tint, catalytic convert etching, nitrogen air......why cant we order these direct from Toyota or custom order a truck in store???

Toyota of Whitter
Hammer Toyota
Palace Toyota
Marina Del Ray Toyota
DCH Toyota
Moss Bros Toyota
Might want to try Toyota in Huntington Beach. Thatā€™s where I got my Tacoma TRD Sport w premium package, when nowhere else in SoCal had it. They had a $6K markup with all the ā€œaccessoriesā€ they added on but I was able to negotiate with them and got my truck at MSRP. They are willing to work with you if you are serious and bring the money in hand. I brought a check and gave $10k down and they were not going to turn that down.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Mi

Might want to try Toyota in Huntington Beach. Thatā€™s where I got my Tacoma TRD Sport w premium package, when nowhere else in SoCal had it. They had a $6K markup with all the ā€œaccessoriesā€ they added on but I was able to negotiate with them and got my truck at MSRP. They are willing to work with you if you are serious and bring the money in hand. I brought a check and gave $10k down and they were not going to turn that down.
Thatā€™s the dealer that tacked on $18k of add-ons on an OR early on.

Sponsored

Irv310

First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD sport
Damn!! They seem fair to me and negotiating with them was not difficult. Sucks to hear that but like someone else said in this thread, itā€™s part of the process in shopping around until you find what your looking forā€¦.

OP
OP

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Mi

I'll consider it and follow up with them see what they say. For me the thought of a dealership adding "dealership installed " accessories is a big !RED FLAG! Especially if they are installing anything electrical, I just don't trust them enough. I would want my rig to stay FACTORY no need for tint, extra alarm, catalytic converter lettering, all that jazz . What ever happened to just buying a new vehicle out right without all this hassle šŸ˜’.

FrostyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter(soon), NA8 miata, Jeep

07-02-2024
Toyota of Whitter
Hammer Toyota
Palace Toyota
Marina Del Ray Toyota
DCH Toyota
Moss Bros Toyota

Reached out to the following dealerships below. Sad to see these trucks sit on the lot.

07-03-2024
Try Cerritos, I had a deposit lined up with them but just canceled it. It should be arriving in a couple days as well

Nnatedo

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5

07-02-2024
Toyota of Whitter
Hammer Toyota
Palace Toyota
Marina Del Ray Toyota
DCH Toyota
Moss Bros Toyota

07-03-2024
Go call Longo Toyota, ask for Daniel Nono, and tell him Nate from NDG sent you. Heā€™ll get you in a trailhunter @ MSRP.
Sponsored