Tacoma key card programming??

rmerida

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD-Offroad
I have a 2024 TRD off-road. I opted to purchase one without any of the upgrade packages when I bought one because I didn’t feel it was necessary upgrades for me. I found that the credit card key comes with upgraded packages and my understanding I thought was that you can purchase one after the fact and have it programmed. So that’s what I did and attempted to take to my local dealer today to have programmed and to my surprise they could not get it program to my truck. They said they tried 2 times with no success. They tried telling me the fcc-id from the key card must match the one from my fob that came with the truck. Can anyone confirm this or been able to successfully purchase a card key and have it programmed after the fact. I was under the impression that as low as it’s on the same frequency (315hz) it should work. Can someone with both a fob and card key confirm if your fcc-ids match? Really confused about this whole situation. Hoping someone hear and help clear this up. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
It was my understanding that as long as your truck has the smart key system, you can add the credit card key. I’ve been meaning to look into it at my local dealer. I know people with third gen’s have used Lexus credit card keys and had success.

OP
OP

rmerida

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD-Offroad
It was my understanding that as long as your truck has the smart key system, you can add the credit card key. I’ve been meaning to look into it at my local dealer. I know people with third gen’s have used Lexus credit card keys and had success.
This was also my understanding. Not sure if my dealer just didn’t know what they were doing or if there was an issue with the card I purchased. I haven’t given up yet. Hoping for some deeper insight from others who are more knowledgeable and or have done this successfully.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
This was also my understanding. Not sure if my dealer just didn’t know what they were doing or if there was an issue with the card I purchased. I haven’t given up yet. Hoping for some deeper insight from others who are more knowledgeable and or have done this successfully.
Try a different dealership

Kblitz

First Name
Keelan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Offroad
I had the key card with my package but wasn’t able to connect either until i called support and they said i had to be signed in using my phone number into the Toyota app not my email address and the key card worked.

Maybe try that if you haven’t already.
Sponsored