Sponsored

Tacoma Trailhunter Rear Seat Storage?

DeadSetMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR86, Rivian R1S, Vanagon Syncro Westy
OK. I am feeling dumb.
Do the rear seats in my Tacoma Trailhunter come up to reveal any underseat storage?
I've pushed, pulled, prodded, examined, etc... I can not seem to find a way to lift them?
But I see hybrid tacoma (non trailhunter) threads where they simply lift up from the front?
Many thanks
Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Nope. Seatbacks fold down on the hybrids.

But you could* in theory velcro a few small things to the underside of the seats like a first aid kit (no alcohol/no liquids), emergency blanket, etc. but probably best to not use the area at all - especially when the dealer does a Toyota Care inspection/ warranty issues, that sort of thing

The seats fold up by removing the pop-pins along the front of the seat base trim. Engine battery and hybrid battery are under there

2024 Tacoma Tacoma Trailhunter Rear Seat Storage? IMG_6505

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' TRD Off Road (for sale) , 24 Trailhunter Inbound
I would like to fabricate some sort of platform to add to the top of this, so that when the seats are folded up, I can pop a dog bed down there for the pup.

If it was thin enough, would the seats be able to be lowered onto it?

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I would like to fabricate some sort of platform to add to the top of this, so that when the seats are folded up, I can pop a dog bed down there for the pup.

If it was thin enough, would the seats be able to be lowered onto it?
No, I don’t think so unless it was like an 1/8” thin or under. The pop pin trim fasteners & seat brackets are a tight fit.

I rear deleted both 60 & 40 with goose gear. It maintains the OEM seat clearance into the hybrid cavity and increases depth. And height in the process. If my dog was small enough I’d just buy a cordura dog insert or do a 40 delete.

2024 Tacoma Tacoma Trailhunter Rear Seat Storage? IMG_6507
Sponsored