Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
how many port installed options did you have? Mine said " delayed 28 days" that was Monday but my only port installed option was door edge guards.
Dillon I honestly don't know which options are port installed and which are dealer installed. If I had to make a guess, I'd say the predator steps (which I can live without), the black chrome exhaust cover, maybe the dash cam. I would think the inverter would be installed at factory, but maybe not. And there are probably other things.

The problem is, you have to buy the truck that "most closely" fits what you want. I wish I could custom order with "this" but not "that", but Toyota doesn't work that way. Heck, maybe nobody works that way, I don't know. This truck was the one that most closely fit what I wanted and like you is experiencing a delay.

Now it could be that my dealer told me it would be April in hopes that I would buy the truck on their lot that was identical to mine in every way except color. I didn't despite them pushing this very hard. It was sorta funny when I was told that I could pretend the silver was white. I guess they can pretend I gave them 56k too. LOL

So I'm hoping it was a sales tactic and the truck will be here sooner than later. Time will tell. I stuck to my guns, especially since they are now starting with a 5k dealer markup. I'm locked into MSRP with the Ice Cap I reserved.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dillon I honestly don't know which options are port installed and which are dealer installed. If I had to make a guess, I'd say the predator steps (which I can live without), the black chrome exhaust cover, maybe the dash cam. I would think the inverter would be installed at factory, but maybe not. And there are probably other things.

The problem is, you have to buy the truck that "most closely" fits what you want. I wish I could custom order with "this" but not "that", but Toyota doesn't work that way. Heck, maybe nobody works that way, I don't know. This truck was the one that most closely fit what I wanted and like you is experiencing a delay.

Now it could be that my dealer told me it would be April in hopes that I would buy the truck on their lot that was identical to mine in every way except color. I didn't despite them pushing this very hard. It was sorta funny when I was told that I could pretend the silver was white. I guess they can pretend I gave them 56k too. LOL

So I'm hoping it was a sales tactic and the truck will be here sooner than later. Time will tell. I stuck to my guns, especially since they are now starting with a 5k dealer markup. I'm locked into MSRP with the Ice Cap I reserved.
yeah man , stand your ground. I would find it really hard to believe they are not going to ship anymore Tacomas for 45 days. Especially given they are built and already at the port waiting for transport trucks. It will be worth the wait. My dealer also sent me a screen shot of their tracking system and it specifically says " QC Hold for estimated 28 days check back every Friday after 12PM". They could release them all today for all we know.

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
yeah man , stand your ground. I would find it really hard to believe they are not going to ship anymore Tacomas for 45 days. Especially given they are built and already at the port waiting for transport trucks. It will be worth the wait. My dealer also sent me a screen shot of their tracking system and it specifically says " QC Hold for estimated 28 days check back every Friday after 12PM". They could release them all today for all we know.
That's a long hold time. They could lose sales if they don't address and fix the issue. I have no doubt it's being addressed.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I noticed yesterday that all of the ones listed as fright and are supposed to be on their way with real VIN numbers are popping up a weird message in the tracker.

Sponsored

stokes32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Mine doesn't have any port installed options and was still placed on hold. I don't think that is it.

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
Then maybe it's something as simple as a shortage of truck trailers, drivers or both. Or rail cars for that matter. You never know anymore.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
My dealer just told me they've heard that there are either issues with or trucks are missing the JBL Flex speakers. When I drove the SR5 there a few weeks ago the speaker wasn't in the dock, is didn't ask about it, but maybe it was missing when they received it?

But who knows for sure!

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer just told me they've heard that there are either issues with or trucks are missing the JBL Flex speakers. When I drove the SR5 there a few weeks ago the speaker wasn't in the dock, is didn't ask about it, but maybe it was missing when they received it?

But who knows for sure!
One way to see if that’s true is to check the allocation sheet for the ones that don’t have that option to see if they are moving. I sure hope whatever it turns out to be is a simple fix such as software.

Sponsored

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
One way to see if that’s true is to check the allocation sheet for the ones that don’t have that option to see if they are moving. I sure hope whatever it turns out to be is a simple fix such as software.
The allocation sheet doesn't really tell you if it's moving. However, my dealer let me know it arrived in Denver, the region staging area, it was in LA, last week. So they moved it there to wait for whatever it needs. We'll see how long it takes.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Also all of the vins from the Colorado Springs area, regardless of the vehicle type seem to have fallen off the Vin tracker site. So it could be a larger different issue too.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I's hard to believe that nothing has leaked out yet, Toyota is doing a great job keeping hush on this. If the issue was a hold up south of the border, I would suspect that the cartels somehow are holding them up mafia style. If they are sitting on the U.S. side, it could be a number for things. I wonder if it's a mechanical\electrical issue and they are monitoring the trucks of those of us who have already taken delivery as they can probably see lots of data from the app and we are the beta testers.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I's hard to believe that nothing has leaked out yet, Toyota is doing a great job keeping hush on this. If the issue was a hold up south of the border, I would suspect that the cartels somehow are holding them up mafia style. If they are sitting on the U.S. side, it could be a number for things. I wonder if it's a mechanical\electrical issue and they are monitoring the trucks of those of us who have already taken delivery as they can probably see lots of data from the app and we are the beta testers.
I think the issue is state side. My truck was at the local port in Chicago last week right before it went on QC hold. I would be interested in knowing if allocated Tacomas are switching to post build status with a new vin.

stokes32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just saw someone post on Instagram about an OR they just picked up in Kentucky so I guess some of them are still being sold.
Sponsored