Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
I was speaking tonight to a service manager from one of the local Toyota dealers that has been a family friend for years. He said he has a friend who's a tech at the local port and they have been working day and night on these held Tacomas. His friend was inspecting/replacing wiring harnesses. Apparently there are 5 different repairs they are doing on these trucks right now. Of course, this is here say but this guy has never lied to us before and we've known him for at least 35 years.
There it is. Now 5 different repairs was not my guess, but I suspected that active shutter grills would be an issue..
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
There it is. Now 5 different repairs was not my guess, but I suspected that active shutter grills would be an issue..
I think that one is related to the wiring harnesses. People reporting they failed when the connector got wet. Maybe more spots as well. Now, I guess he wasn't specific on if was 5 different places on the harness or 5 different components, but that would explain why it's taking so long.

kweevuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 6MT OR
I think that one is related to the wiring harnesses. People reporting they failed when the connector got wet. Maybe more spots as well. Now, I guess he wasn't specific on if was 5 different places on the harness or 5 different components, but that would explain why it's taking so long.
I should have wrote my response better. But yes, that’s what I meant was the connector. Not the actually shutters themselves. Nice insight!

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I was speaking tonight to a service manager from one of the local Toyota dealers that has been a family friend for years. He said he has a friend who's a tech at the local port and they have been working day and night on these held Tacomas. His friend was inspecting/replacing wiring harnesses. Apparently there are 5 different repairs they are doing on these trucks right now. Of course, this is here say but this guy has never lied to us before and we've known him for at least 35 years.
Replacing wire harnesses typically requires a lot of tear down of the vehicle. I hope this just does not introduce more problems down the road! Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
So that first one is the temp serial number and I can't track it once it has been built. The second was built on 3/6 and is not no hold. It is due into Fernelius Toyota next month.

View attachment 10069
Hey Trainer Steve! Could you check 3TYLB5JN3RT002063? My dealer has been giving me good updates but not a pic of the dealer daily. TIA!!!

Sponsored

Tac931

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
@Trainer Steve Clifford Tr. Steve. If you have a minute. I've yet to see the screen shot for 3TMLB5JN4RM002083 .
Thanks in advance, Tim

Last edited:

Tac931

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Man have some manners new users. At least participate and contribute something to the forum before jumping right in with your hands out.
You're right. First Toyota ever and its been very long wait..

calicoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD OR
Man have some manners new users. At least participate and contribute something to the forum before jumping right in with your hands out.
Agree. Obviously there's a lot of eyes on this thread and the forum in general. Steve has been awesome helping out any randos asking for help.

You see so many who use the site and its resources, take from here to post elsewhere and rarely give back. It's pretty shitty if you ask me.
Sponsored