Sponsored

Tailgate inserts

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Just received these tailgate inserts: Tailgate Insert Letters Badges Only Compatible with 2024 Tacoma Accessories 3D Raised Rear Emblem Decals with Seccotine for Tailgate Adhesive Backing (for 2024+3D Matte Black)

They are quite a bit thicker than expected. I haven't applied them yet but they appear as though they'll protrude quite a bit from the tailgate when applied. Can someone who has the OEM inserts comment on if they sit relatively flush with the tailgate when applied? I see the OEM ones on Amazon for 3x the price of what I ordered, but if they sit flush, I'll order those instead.
Sponsored

vberber

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trd Pro
Anyone got the part number for the flat black trd pro inserts for the taco? Dealer ordered some for me but they were gun metal smh.

Sponsored

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Anyone got the part number for the flat black trd pro inserts for the taco? Dealer ordered some for me but they were gun metal smh.
I’m also looking for this exact part number if anyone has any information. I went to a Toyota dealership today and the person at the parts department was unable to locate the TRD PRO tailgate inserts.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max

It's not the "TRD Pro" lettering but I wonder if it's a mild part code variant.
What's the # on the gunmetal order? How's it compare to the below for the regular black lettering? Pretty certain you could stitch the two together to get the right # for you.
(it could just be that the end of the part number needs to be 02)

Had my dealership swap out the chrome lettering for black lettering before I took delivery.

Flat Black tailgate lettering
PT948-35241-02

2024 Tacoma Tailgate inserts IMG_20240909_135603 (2)

2024 Tacoma Tailgate inserts IMG_20240919_154840
Sponsored

Last edited: