Sponsored

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
They have some good points with the many recalls and such but what manufacture is recall free espically in this day and age. Toyota is commited to making a quality product, there hasn't been a generation of these any of these trucks without a recall. Toyota will make it right, they always do. Tacoma price wise is fine, they got the truck they got because they wanted to be first, I did not spend all that much more and got every option they complained about not having. Just feels like a cheap complaint when they purposly got a poorly optioned truck just to be first. The prices are in line with inflation. It was funny watching them finally spill the beans about why and how their truck really broke... a whole 6 months after savagegeese did lol. It was kind of annoying at the end when they were comparing the unibody maverick and ridgline as "having more interior space than the Taco and Gladiator" Well no duh, they are not body on frame like the Yota and the Jeep🤦‍♂️. Same as their vids on GM and Ford, some valid criticisms mixed in with a lot of filler... got to get those youtube watchtime metrics I guess

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Although it was a big recall, one recall in three years of Tundra production is hardly the end of the world. Now we have a serious TSB for the Taco, but as @JakeJoeBob said, what manufacturer doesn't have any problems today?

Not Ford who spent an average of over $30 million a day last quarter on warranty repairs. Not GM who was just required to recall 800k transmissions after a judge required it in a class action lawsuit. Toyota did that Tundra engine recall on their own, while GM refused to do that after years of failing transmissions.

The YouTube clickbait machine is alive and well and with Toyota's reputation for quality they are a prime target.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I have been enjoying my TH without even knowing about these issues. I will worry when I need to. It pays handsomely to your mental to get off the internet after the purchase. Just my advice to all!

Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
In the context of the Tacoma, whatever..... The gen 4 really shines with long bed, safety rating, and the amount that have the transmission TSB is small. It's overall a nice round of improvements over prior generations.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
The Tundra recall is big, but definitely an outlier for Toyota. Tacoma transmission failures are not following the Tundra TTV6 pattern so far. And I think this will be cleaned up, when the few in circulation fail. TFL got a lot of clicks with the ADD failure on their Tacoma and are coming back for more in my opinion. There are other far bigger auto industry problems effecting far more customers.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/ford-losing-billions-recalls-warranties.html

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/busines...lls-short-on-quality-problems-warranty-costs/
Sponsored