Tonneau Cover Recommendations?

Sundrasj

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I have a 24 TRD sport, and am looking to get a tonneau cover here soon. I know I want a solid cover that wouldn’t be able to be cut open, and I think I’m between a retrax pro or a BAK revolver. I don’t want the tri fold design that you have to lift up to the rear window, but other than that I’m pretty open. The ones I’m looking at are pretty expensive so I didn’t know if there were any others that were similar quality for a better price, so any recommendations would be appreciated!
Sponsored

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
I’m also in the market for a tonneau cover on a 6’2” bed -
One that works with a rack system for our kayaks . . . Thx !

Tacoby24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reservation
I picked up the syneticusa cover locally but I’ve had it for less than a week so I can’t talk about long term reliability/durability. The one I got was assembled already so I just had to install it but I like it so far. Pretty easy install but it’s smarter to have 2 people to lift it onto the bed. $950 on Amazon, feel free to ask me any questions

2024 Tacoma Tonneau Cover Recommendations? IMG_8620

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I am considering a Truxedo Sentry hard, roll up tonneau. I don't have one but I have read several owner's reviews from people who really like them.

It looks good on a Taco and provides bed security without getting in your way when you want to really use the bed. It is expensive, but all the nice tonneaus I have looked at are.

Sponsored

UnderGTaco

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium - Underground
I just purchased a hard tri-fold from Bison only installed yesterday, good deal for only $800

2024 Tacoma Tonneau Cover Recommendations? IMG_7436

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
The OEM tonneau is a Bakflip MX4. It has worked great for me.

Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Does anybody like the rough country tonneau covers in the past?

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I posted a separate thread about this, but I’m also looking for a tonneau. Specifically a 5’ hard trifold low profile one that is compatible with a bed extender. Anyone have this combo they want to share? Thank you!

Sponsored

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6’ bed
Just installed the Diamondback Switchback tri fold today. It really fits well with my Underground TRD Sport Premium with 6 foot bed. Ordered from Pennsylvania and sent to me here in British Columbia. It took a while but am very pleased with this cover. Took some time to install because of extra shims and such but worth the extra effort. Cover is not cheap to get it shipped up here but I have always liked them and I wanted one. I also have a bed extender which requires the lifting of the two rear panels in order to use it properly. No big deal but it’s something to think about if you have an extender. All in all -it doesn’t leak after a water test and it fits the styling of the Sport quite well. I like it. Just my two cents again!

2024 Tacoma Tonneau Cover Recommendations? IMG_3955

2024 Tacoma Tonneau Cover Recommendations? IMG_3959

Fly-by-Night

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Upgrade Package, Underground
Just installed the Diamondback Switchback tri fold today. It really fits well with my Underground TRD Sport Premium with 6 foot bed. Ordered from Pennsylvania and sent to me here in British Columbia. It took a while but am very pleased with this cover. Took some time to install because of extra shims and such but worth the extra effort. Cover is not cheap to get it shipped up here but I have always liked them and I wanted one. I also have a bed extender which requires the lifting of the two rear panels in order to use it properly. No big deal but it’s something to think about if you have an extender. All in all -it doesn’t leak after a water test and it fits the styling of the Sport quite well. I like it. Just my two cents again!

IMG_3955.jpeg

IMG_3959.jpeg
where did you get the mud guards?? Are they a Toyota part if so do you have a part number. Thank in advance

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6’ bed
The mudflaps are oem Toyota. Sorry but I do not have the part number They were to come with the truck when I bought it but apparently they were like hen’s teeth. Got them about 4 weeks after I took delivery.They are just plastic but work well with the stock 18” tires. Would be useless on a wider tire.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
On a related note.......has anyone done a MPG test, tonneau cover vs. no cover?

OP
OP

Sundrasj

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Thanks for the comments, after watching 100 videos I decided on the BAK Revolver X4S. It hasn’t arrived yet but I’m looking forward to it.
Sponsored