Sponsored

Toyota build page is a huge disappointment

Bigdog1956

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford F150
First off, I realize you can't actually build a Tacoma. You can merely configure your desired truck, and then see how close a dealer can match that from their allocations. However, that doesn't excuse the build page from being among the lamest in the industry. The photos don't match the build, and sometime won't even allow the right cab selection to appear. (try building an SR5 Xtracab)

Most manufactures allow you to add accessories, and then they appear in the photo so you can judge how something will look on the truck. (such as mud guards, running boards, bed covers) Toyota has totally dropped the ball on this one. Time to hire some new web designers, or give Nissan a call and borrow some.
I agree with you. Ford has had a better build page and will give you all the options. You may not want what somebody thinks you You should buy. I can order a new truck with carpet delete
So what i'm outmudng I can just wash my four mats out.
I don't need a huge information screen or just a plain Is cloth interior fine for my purposes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
I think people need to give it some time, Toyota will clean up and correct any deficiencies in the build and price configurator, I experienced similar deficiencies when Acura rolled out the 2022 MDX to their website, which is now great.

Bigdog1956

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford F150
I think people need to give it some time, Toyota will clean up and correct any deficiencies in the build and price configurator, I experienced similar deficiencies when Acura rolled out the 2022 MDX to their website, which is now great.
My son is a website designer and all these should of been taken care of by Toyota peer review before going online and live.
This makes the Toyota company look very badly.
This is one of there most anticipated trucks!

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
First off, I realize you can't actually build a Tacoma. You can merely configure your desired truck, and then see how close a dealer can match that from their allocations. However, that doesn't excuse the build page from being among the lamest in the industry. The photos don't match the build, and sometime won't even allow the right cab selection to appear. (try building an SR5 Xtracab)

Most manufactures allow you to add accessories, and then they appear in the photo so you can judge how something will look on the truck. (such as mud guards, running boards, bed covers) Toyota has totally dropped the ball on this one. Time to hire some new web designers, or give Nissan a call and borrow some.
Agreed everything, it's very underwhelming and boring. The horizontal scrolling makes it worse.
Sponsored