Sponsored

Trailer Software Error

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Recently pulled 4700 lb boat and launched no issues. But now 3 weeks later the truck thinks I still have a trailer connected. I’ve deleted both my trailers from the menu and even removed the ball mount, and still says trailer detected upon startup. Go into the menu and display says “No Trailer Selected” and “Not Active”, but everytime upon startup “Trailer Detected..”.
I wouldn’t care except ecm disables lane guidance, proactive driving alert, and likely tunes or de tunes eng/trans differently for towing. I’m not in Tow mode.
Nothing from my dealer yet on a fix. Anyone else?
Sponsored

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD
Search the forum- there is a long string here, with links to the other forum's even longer thread.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Should have a pop up come up that says no trailer detected. Confirm. Select yes. That will delete the red circle icon and return truck to normal status. You have to go rehook up your trailer. Then drive a bit. Then repark and un hook the trailer. Then drive a little bit and that message will pop up. Thats what worked for me

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
I've had the opposite occur. A couple of times the truck thinks there is a trailer back there, yet nothing is plugged in to either the 4 or 7 pin hookups. It's a bike rack silly truck!!! Simple yet annoying to just respond 'no' to the display question.

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Should have a pop up come up that says no trailer detected. Confirm. Select yes. That will delete the red circle icon and return truck to normal status. You have to go rehook up your trailer. Then drive a bit. Then repark and un hook the trailer. Then drive a little bit and that message will pop up. Thats what worked for me
Woe. Ok if I can’t get it to clear just by connecting/confirming and disconnecting/confirming I’ll take it for a drive but that’s a pain in the arse with a 30’ trailer.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Fingers crossed for software flash soooooon.