Trailhunter max tire size

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Hello Folks - Has anyone attempted to fit 285/70/18s or 295/70/18s on the Trailhunter without making any modifications? That includes not removing the horn/crashpad in the fender behind the tires. Everything I see online pertains to what can fit on the truck with a special lift on the TRD OR or Sport. But nothing speaks to what the trailhunter can accommodate with zero modifications with its stock lift/ offset.
Sponsored

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Hello Folks - Has anyone attempted to fit 285/70/18s or 295/70/18s on the Trailhunter without making any modifications? That includes not removing the horn/crashpad in the fender behind the tires. Everything I see online pertains to what can fit on the truck with a special lift on the TRD OR or Sport. But nothing speaks to what the trailhunter can accommodate with zero modifications with its stock lift/ offset.
I have 295 x 70 x 18 and it required very minor modifications to fit. Part of the crash pad was removed, very small amount of trimming, small fender felt removed. Stock suspension and wheels. I’m not sure why you are looking for zero modifications but if you saw the small amount that had to be done to fit mine it’s super minor. I believe 285’s fit with zero mods.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter max tire size IMG_4413

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter max tire size IMG_4418

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I have 295 x 70 x 18 and it required very minor modifications to fit. Part of the crash pad was removed, very small amount of trimming, small fender felt removed. Stock suspension and wheels. I’m not sure why you are looking for zero modifications but if you saw the small amount that had to be done to fit mine it’s super minor. I believe 285’s fit with zero mods.

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4418.jpeg
I just have a slight safety concern with removing that crash pad, but maybe that’s an overblown concern. I will say that that size tire looks amazing on the trailhunter— good job with that. What kind of tires did you get and how did they impact performance on your truck?

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
I just have a slight safety concern with removing that crash pad, but maybe that’s an overblown concern. I will say that that size tire looks amazing on the trailhunter— good job with that. What kind of tires did you get and how did they impact performance on your truck?
Falken Wildpeak AT4 and it still drives and performs amazing! I really don’t think there is much if any safety reduction. I don’t think Toyota would allow it to be so easily removed if that was the case. It’s basically the same thing as doing a body mount chop on 2nd and 3rd gens which literally everyone had to do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
The AT4s are heavy too - impressive. Was it the width that made it clip the back? Or more the diameter? I think those are 34.3”

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Checking here to see if anyone has tried to install 285/70/18s
Sponsored