Sponsored

Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I read that the QC hold on Trailhunters was to replace "snorkel" gaskets that were leaking water in. Those trucks probably were built with a batch of bad gaskets and Toyota held them until they could be replaced.

I know I would frustrated as hell if my truck was just sitting somewhere too. Good luck and I hope it is released soon.
Can I ask where you heard that?

I’m a little nervous as one of the few owners lol
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Can I ask where you heard that?
I read it online and probably on a forum but I don't remember where off the top of my head. If I can find a reference I will get back to you. I spend way too much time reading about Tacos while I wait to get mine. :)

I assume they figured out that a run of the gaskets were bad and Toyota being masters of production knew which trucks got them. They probably only held the trucks that they knew they needed to check. But if I had a TH it would be something I would want to keep an eye on.

Stay tuned!

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Well, I just found out I am part of the 56 day hold club now, too!! Hopefully, this is it for qc holds.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yeah, at least that makes it easier, knowing you won't get a truck with problems right out of the gate. Hope it ends before 56 days!

Sponsored

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I read it online and probably on a forum but I don't remember where off the top of my head. If I can find a reference I will get back to you. I spend way too much time reading about Tacos while I wait to get mine. :)

I assume they figured out that a run of the gaskets were bad and Toyota being masters of production knew which trucks got them. They probably only held the trucks that they knew they needed to check. But if I had a TH it would be something I would want to keep an eye on.

Stay tuned!
I bet its the gasket where it meets the fender. Mine was off this week for PPF, I'll have to ask if they noticed any cracking with it or anything.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Biggs1975 Yep - that is it - thanks. Not a lot of detail but it seems like an easy fix to me.

I'm not sure why the long hold, unless they are just crazy backed up fixing a lot of trucks on hold.

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
@Biggs1975 Yep - that is it - thanks. Not a lot of detail but it seems like an easy fix to me.

I'm not sure why the long hold, unless they are just crazy backed up fixing a lot of trucks on hold.
It seems to me that if this was the only thing wrong with the truck, they would release it to the owners and let them bring it back to the dealership to fix. I still wonder if it is something worse.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
It seems to me that if this was the only thing wrong with the truck, they would release it to the owners and let them bring it back to the dealership to fix. I still wonder if it is something worse.
Good point - multiple months in QC hold seems like a lot of time to change a gasket.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
there should be some degree of moisture allowed into that snorkel anyway, if it snows a foot on the top of that intake water is going to eventually enter in the manifold.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Here's what one guys said:

"I have one that has been sitting in port for a while and my dealer called today to give me an update. He said that the snorkels are leaking water and that they are going to replace the gaskets on all trucks at port. The Trailhunters waiting to ship to dealers are being held until the parts come in."

If they're waiting on parts, it makes perfect sense that they are being held for so long...

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Here's what one guys said:

"I have one that has been sitting in port for a while and my dealer called today to give me an update. He said that the snorkels are leaking water and that they are going to replace the gaskets on all trucks at port. The Trailhunters waiting to ship to dealers are being held until the parts come in."

If they're waiting on parts, it makes perfect sense that they are being held for so long...
THs out in the wild get the recall notice and this is validated.

Ports simply being backed up also plausible. Some builds I see they’re adding a ton of Gucci to them.. how long does a Trailhunter need to sit at port after a spray tan bed liner 😎
Sponsored